cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a mortgage to hit your credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for a mortgage to hit your credit reports?

My lender is BOA (who posted my cc immediately) and I closed last week. My first payment isn't until February, but I was hoping it would hit my report before then.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: How long does it take for a mortgage to hit your credit reports?

Not sure about BoA for mortgages.  I got one with GMAC and it took 90 days for them to post it on my CRs.  I have several CCs with BoA and you are correct they report them right away.  Not sure if they have a different policy for their mortgages.
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

with bnot sure about bofa.... but it could take up to 6 months with some lenders.

i think they dont report until they decide whether they are going to service it or sell it

Message Edited by DallasLoanGuy on 12-17-2008 07:28 PM
Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

DallasLoanGuy wrote:

with bnot sure about bofa.... but it could take up to 6 months with some lenders.

i think they dont report until they decide whether they are going to service it or sell it

Message Edited by DallasLoanGuy on 12-17-2008 07:28 PM

I knew my mtg would be sold after the first month, but the orig servicer reported it within a month of closing.  It was sold to Chase and they reported almost on day one of taking over the loan.  Too bad the orig servicer didn't update status immediately -- for awhile I was showing 3 mortgages and total debt of around 420k!  Egads!  Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine reported within two weeks of making my first payment.

I had no change to EX or TU and a 5 point increase to EQ. This was my very first home loan. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.