Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get preapproved for a mortgage

tag
wendlan
Regular Contributor

How long does it take to get preapproved for a mortgage

I have applied for a mortgage and submitted all the requested forms and documents 9 days ago. I do have some special circumstances such as a divorce and bankruptcy ect.... I still have no answer regarding preapproval. How long does it take to get the preapproval?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take to get preapproved for a mortgage

Call or email them back we got approved in less than 24hrs and at most a couple of days.  

Message 2 of 4
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...prequalified should be a matter of hours after submittal of income and SSN ...preapproval is a much more document intensive process ...but if you gave them everything they asked for 9 days ago, regardless of your specifics, I'd be on the phone looking for other loan sources ...don't get locked in to one lender unless you luck out and find the perfect match the 1st time out ...I went through 3 before finding the one ...each LO is an individual as are local market conditions ...it may well not be your specifics causing the delay but a LO who is overwhelmed, lazy to the point of absurdity, or just misplaced your paperwork ...whatever the reason, 9 days is ...imnsho ...ridiculous ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 3 of 4
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

We had to go through full underwriting for preappoval because of past bk and fx. It took about a week. If you have an LO get them on the phone and start asking questions.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.