cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for FHA appraisal to come back?

tag
BlueEyedwitch
Established Member

How long for FHA appraisal to come back?

The Appraiser was at the house im buying on Friday 8/6.  I still haven't heard what they come up with. How long does it usually take?

Thanks in advance!

EQ 701
EX 702
TR 692
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
5oClockSomewhere
Contributor

Re: How long for FHA appraisal to come back?

I'm not sure what typical is, but with our they had to do some extra research on finding comps for our house.  It is on acreage is a somewhat rural area so they had to expand their criteria for comps to get more comps within a closer distance of our house.

The initial appraisal was done on 7/21/10, our lender sent me the appraisal report on 7/29/10.

Hope this helps!

"May the scores be with you!"
Message 2 of 3
BlueEyedwitch
Established Member

Re: How long for FHA appraisal to come back?

@5oClockSomewhere wrote:

I'm not sure what typical is, but with our they had to do some extra research on finding comps for our house.  It is on acreage is a somewhat rural area so they had to expand their criteria for comps to get more comps within a closer distance of our house.

The initial appraisal was done on 7/21/10, our lender sent me the appraisal report on 7/29/10.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! 

There isnt many houses in our area that look or have the same sq footage as ours so I think this is why it may be taken longer then.

EQ 701
EX 702
TR 692
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.