cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for mortgage to show on credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for mortgage to show on credit report?

We closed on August 31st and the loan is still not showing on my credit report.  How long does it take?  The loan was immediately sold to Chase after closing.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: How long for mortgage to show on credit report?

HI VEGGS!  My fellow August Closing Friend!  How's things going?  How's the house and life?

I have to say I miss the days of the homebuy process in a weird way - there was a lot of adrenaline and excitment, I feel like I have withdrawals.  On the other hand, THANK GOD.  A lot of folks here are going thru what we went thru last summer and I can relate to every word.

Mine hasn't reported either and I'm anxiously waiting - mine was sold to Wells - I had another poster here say that Wells posted after the 2nd payment, so I'm hoping that this month it will show.  I also think it might not be such a hard ding bc it will be a bit older than a brand new account, only a few months, but still.  IDK if I'm going to lose some major points, stay the same, or gain.  Time will tell!

How's Chase so far?  I was hoping for them...at least I didn't get BoA!!

Anyway, glad to see you.

Love, Booner

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!  Well, at least I'm not alone - we've made two payments as well.  Smiley Happy

Things are going well, it's been a bit of a shock with our electric bill going from a 3 bedroom home to a 7 bedroom one but other then that the space is wonderful!  lol  We still have a room with no furniture but it's been costly just putting up window treatments and that still isn't quite done.  I'm still in awe when I think this is actually our home when back in June the dream seemed completely out of reach.  I don't miss the buying process at all, just too much stress for me.  lol  The house was still listed for sale on realtor.com for a few weeks after we bought it and I thought somehow they could come take it away. haha

I was thrilled they sold it to Chase, we bank there and it was super easy to set everything up for automatic payments.  I also heard horror stories about BoA so that was a relief as well.

Hope you are enjoying your new home as well!!

Message 3 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I feel your electric bill pain, but not 7 bedrooms.  OUCH!  We lucked out and we have a gas fireplace, and it heats the whole house, except my bedoom.  I'm trying to do an experiment to see which is cheaper, gas or the furnace.  Electric was 100 bucks over last month so I know it's at least that to run the furnance/heat pump.

I wish Mike Holmes would come over.  My bedroom is an icebox.  i have no idea what the deal is.  There is proper insulation everywhere - the windows let in a lot of cold so I have them covered up with heavy-duty blind.  DH is going to go in the attic and double-insulate. 

Other than that we are extremely happy. 

I can't stop myself from going online and looking up other houses and saying "Oh s_ _ t, we coulda got that one" but then I say, "SHUT UP!  You are so lucky to have even gotten any house so stop doing that!"

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Message 4 of 6
PixieQueen80
Frequent Contributor

Veggs & Bonner72 - You two are scaring me for two reasons.  BOA is my processor and I know they will be my servicer...my state is funding my loan and they only use BOA as the servicer.  Currently, I already think they are slow and a pain in the butt so I am not excited about them servicing the loan but the state program is out of this world which is why I went with them.  Secondly, my new space will be more than 3 times my current square footage.  The house is all electric and currently I use both gas and electric so I know I will get a shock when I open my first utility bills.

I am glad your both enjoying your homes and hope to be like both of you sooner than later Smiley Wink

Starting Scores (7/26/2010): EQ 517; TU 508; EX 527 (lender)
Scores Along the Way (11/4/2010): EQ 542; TU 547; (11/8/2010) EX Plus 641
Scores Along the Way: (4/15/2011): EQ 516; TU 622; EX 585 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (8/25/2011): EQ 617; TU 627; EX 625 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (11/28/2011): EQ 617; TU 645; EX 667 (lender)
Current Scores: (8/9/2013): EQ 634; TU 662; EX 694 (lender)
Closed on a Home: 12/30/2011 Goal Scores (8/25/2014): 700 club
Message 5 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi Pixie!  You'll get there.  Just plan on "going green" w/ major appliances - fridge, heat, air, hot water heater slowly.  i wanted the tankless hotwater heater but it was tooo much and we needed one the 3rd day here.  Did get an energystar fridge.  There are lots of tips online about how to save energy so check them out.

RE:  BOA - I'm sure some people must like them, they're pretty huge.  Just make sure you keep all mortgage statements and records of everything as if you are the only one doing this.  Don't rely on them for anything. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.