Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for scores to raise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for scores to raise?

Hubby's scores are low, but according to the fico score simulator if we pay down our cc balances his scores should go up 50 points.  Is that true and how long does it take.  Our balances are quite high, almost to the limit.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long for scores to raise?

Fico Simulator is supposed to be 90% accurate...I paid my UTL down from 87% to 34%...and I haven't seen anything yet...no one can say exactly how much...maybe you should post this in the General Credit Issues forum...you should get better responses there...
Message 2 of 5
deniel560

Hello!

I began paying down my CC's in February. They were very high, by paying down half of my cc debt (this is the only thing I have done differently) I have seen my credit score raise from 655 in Feb to 697 now. So it does work!!
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

I have seen 40 - 60 point jumps by paying down CC

After the pyments are posted, the next time the CC company reports to the bureaus, your scores will reflect that

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I"ve seenabout a 10 pt jump from paying down from 85% to 60% and that was just in amonth.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.