Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is documentation good?

tag
KLGFCG
New Contributor

How long is documentation good?

Well, barring any unforeseen complications, I anticipate putting an offer in on a house possibly as soon as this weekend. Not written in stone yet and I'm trying not to get too excited, but I'm trying to get prepared as best as I can.

If everything falls into place, I'm going to contact my LO tomorrow about getting him the necessary documentation so it's all ready to go right away (patience is NOT one of my virtues). Currently, I have ready to go: current balance/account activity report on my checking account, checking account statements for the last four months, account balance report and two previous statements from my cc, account balance summary from my LOC, pay stubs for the last three pay periods (paid biweekly), and my last two years' tax reports. I do not have any info from my only other cc (a store credit card), but I figure the CR he pulled should detail that one. I do not have a savings account or any investments. Anything else I should get ready? I'm going for a rural development guaranteed loan, 102% financing (already checked income and property eligibility - good on both accounts).

Also, once I provide this documentation, will I need to provide further up-to-date information later in the process or will the documentation now carry me through? How long is the information considered valid without needing to resupply more recent info?

Finally, out of curiousity, if everything goes well and I have reached a price agreement with the sellers by, say, the middle of next week, roughly how long will it take to get to closing (they're pretty much moved out, and if someone came in wanting to move right away they could be completely gone within a couple days - it would just be up to how quickly I could get the inspections and appraisals done, then obtain final approval on financing)?

I'm totally antsy about this whole process, I just want it done and over with. (obviously, being antsy makes me ramble on... sorry about the novel length post)

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: How long is documentation good?

Underwriter will want docs to not be over 30days old. 

From accepted offer to keys? 2 - 3 weeks. Maybe more, depends on lender 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: How long is documentation good?

Underwriter will want docs to not be over 30days old. 

From accepted offer to keys? 2 - 3 weeks. Maybe more, depends on lender 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.