cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I wait after Closing for new CC?

tag
CelesteR
Regular Contributor

How long should I wait after Closing for new CC?

We signed papers yesterday. Seller signed today and I picked up keys. Smiley Very Happy Am I safe to apply for a Lowe's card or should I wait a week?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TurboFX
New Contributor

Re: How long should I wait after Closing for new CC?

3 days after signing your loan will fund unless it's an investment property. You are good to go. Congrats on the house!
Message 2 of 6
CelesteR
Regular Contributor

@TurboFX wrote:
3 days after signing your loan will fund unless it's an investment property. You are good to go. Congrats on the house!

We were told it was funded within hour of seller signing thier part and that's when I picked up keys. 

Message 3 of 6
BaileyMae
New Contributor

I applied for my Lowe's card within an hour of closing.
Lender Pulled Scores(2/2014)

EQ: 750 (same a myFICO) EX: 707 TU: 728
Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@CelesteR wrote:

@TurboFX wrote:

We were told it was funded within hour of seller signing thier part and that's when I picked up keys. 

CelesteR, you are in a 'table funding state' (like I am) and the closings are funded same day.

There are many states to the west of us that close and then fund a couple of days later; commonly referred to as 'escrow states'.

To complicate the answer a little bit, if you refinance a loan, then there is a 3-day recission period so the loan doesn't fund until the next business day after the rescission period ends.

So to answer: you are closed and funded - you can go out and app for a cc now Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
CelesteR
Regular Contributor

Yay! I'm in needs of a Lowe's card. My hubby remodels houses so he's gonna be busy with outs now!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.