Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to show on credit report

tag
life101
Valued Member

How long to show on credit report

I just paid a large amount on my credit card. How long does it take to show up on my credit report?

Thanks

Beth

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to show on credit report

typically after your next statement, but it can be up to 30 days.  that said, that question would be for the credit card board, not the mortgage board.

Good  luck

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How long to show on credit report

+1

Unless it's an HSBC/ Orchard bank card (as opposed to a store card like the Best Buy store card), your CC updates on the statement date.

If you waited until the statement posted/ dropped to pay (as would any sensible person), the balance that was due reported to the CRA's, so you'll have to wait another month to have the paid-down balance show up.

If you paid it off BEFORE the statement dropped, the $0 reported to the bureaus. Check your online account to see what the statement balance was/ is.

Once the CCC updates, then you have to wait for the CRA's to post the new info. Experian generally posts the new balance that night or the next day. Equifax and TransUnion kind of wander around, chatting at the water fountain and looking for Krispy Kremes, before they update. They generally post the new info anywhere between 4 days and two weeks after the statement date, sometimes longer.

If you have an HSBC/ Orchard bank card, or a US Bank card, in addition to a few other rare exceptions, it will report the balance as of the last business day of the month. US Bank sends in the info right away. HSBC/ Orchard dilly-dallies around another week or two or three. hth

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.