cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait for mortgage after several new accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long to wait for mortgage after several new accounts?

I've opened several accounts in the past few months and have racked up inquiries. I wasn't planning on going for a mortgage for another year or more. Do I need to wait the full two years do you think before I go for one for all these accounts to age and inquiries to fall off?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to wait for mortgage after several new accounts?

They only went back four months in my inquiries but I still had ton. Wasn't an issue for me, just had to fill out a form and was good to go.
Message 2 of 10
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

To try to get more specific clarity in support of OP's post, des anyone know if there is an "official" number of months mortgage reviews go back for hard inquiries, for example minimum 4 months back but can go back the full 2 years?

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

My lender and another lender I was working with only went back 3 months. I think it just varies, but I've never seen more than 6 months.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 10
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Great, thanks, that's useful personal information based on your actual experience; in my case my last inqury was dec 2014 so perhaps when I app in June 2016 no inquiries will be counted against me as my last inquiry wont drop until dec 2016 or so (2 yrs)

Message 5 of 10
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Ya your golden! You can call and ask a mortgage lender where you plan on getting your mortgage from how far they go back, they're pretty honest with you!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries are such a small part of the whole picture. I see so much stressing on here over them and it's in my experience it's not even a blip on the radar.

I have about 60 across the 3 bureaus, a 671 mid-score and a barely 2 year old bk. and still got approved at a 3.375% rate. It was painless and very quick. I stressed for nothing! I didn't prepare my scores, didn't fret over reported balances, just went about my daily business until I decided to buy. Life is too short to stress about inquiries.
Message 7 of 10
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

We had to explain every inquiry that was on our credit reports. They just wanted to know, for each one, if you took on new debt with it.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

To try to get more specific clarity in support of OP's post, des anyone know if there is an "official" number of months mortgage reviews go back for hard inquiries, for example minimum 4 months back but can go back the full 2 years?

Thanks

The tri-merge credit report shows all inquiries over the past 24 months, but only inquiries in the previous 12 months impact your score.

Message 9 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

not a deal killer..... just a ding to the score since they are recent

apply with confidence

Retired Lender
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.