Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until FC shows up on deed record

tag
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

How long until FC shows up on deed record

Hello:

Just trying to get an understanding of how long it might take for a completed foreclosure record to be recorded at the register of deeds?

Also, about how long until it shows up on the public records section of a credit report?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Re: How long until FC shows up on deed record

In my case, the deed showed up on the city's public records within days of the transfer of deed. It did not ever show up on the public records section of my CR. I don't think they usually do - your mortgage loan just shows a FC.

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: How long until FC shows up on deed record

@songsofexperience wrote:

In my case, the deed showed up on the city's public records within days of the transfer of deed. It did not ever show up on the public records section of my CR. I don't think they usually do - your mortgage loan just shows a FC.

+1.  While foreclosure is public information, it doesn't appear in the public records section of your credit report.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.