cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days to completion from drywalll texturing?

tag
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Re: How many days to completion from drywalll texturing?

Excavation started on 12/27.  From the start we were told we would close in late April or early May.  I met with the construction manager for the pre-construction meeting in January sometime right after the foundation had been poured and he told me that they will firm up a closing date once drywall was in and kept on with the late April/early May.  When we locked our rate in mid-March my LO told me we were on the closing list for April and that if they weren't going to make it they would have already moved us to May.

Mike I will pm you with the info Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

I'm surprised you didn't have a pre-drywall walk through.  It was then that I noticed I wanted to add/move some outlets around.  I decided I wanted to run my Cat5 and HDMI cable from above my fireplace into my hallway closet.   That way none of my components (cable box, modem, receiver, Blu-ray player) are visible and they are all in the closet. That way I didn't have to use space next to fireplace for a component rack. 

When they finished my drywall taping, mudding and sanding, I got a lock date a week later.  Looks like my builder is slow though because we were about 60 days from house completion....now we await May 15th to close......I hope!!!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

My builder seems very VERY strict about changes so I wouldnt have been able to move or alter anything. I ended up doing my own inspection by going down to the house with the options paperwork and checking off every item as I verified that it had been completed.

Back to the completition date, looks like it's 45-60 days which would be great. I just hope they dont work backwards from the June 28th date we initially got...like they are ahead of schedule but know they dont need to finish till then, so there will be a time periiod of inactivity. My new neighbors were told "mid June" and they started building 1 week after us so they better not finish before us or Im going to be pissed. Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 14
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Violetsmom: You mentioned that on 3/21 the drywall texturing was done and on that day you also set your closing date. Did the builder or loan officer call and setup that date or did you contact them? How did the process go of setting up the closing date?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.