Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many lenders? And what time frame?

tag
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

How many lenders? And what time frame?

I'm about to apply for a home loan.  How many lenders should I allow to pull my credit and within what time frame?
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many lenders? And what time frame?

No limit on the # of lenders but make sure they all pull your credit within a 2-week time frame.

Have you thought about working with a mortgage broker?  They can do the leg work.  My mortgage broker got me an APR to refi my mortgage with the original lender which was lower than the rate that they offered when I called them directly.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!!Did you scores improve that fast? If so what did you do to get it to improve like that. I need to raise my score by 100pts by May. Do you think this is possible?Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 7
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Yes!! Please do tell...I need to go up by 80 pts by end of summer!!!
9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 4 of 7
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Wow!!!Did you scores improve that fast? If so what did you do to get it to improve like that. I need to raise my score by 100pts by May. Do you think this is possible?

courtney091082 wrote:
Yes!! Please do tell...I need to go up by 80 pts by end of summer!!!

Well, I disputed a few things on my credit report and they were removed.  I had a judgment removed, I've paid many old accounts off or way down, I had some old inquiries fall off, I applied for some new credit cards and I was given a CLI on two of my credit cards.  Also, I've continued to make on-time payments for the past 9 months.  All of this combined, along with reading this forum, has helped me get my scores where they are now. 

If anything, I've learned how stupid mistakes I made years ago have haunted me now.  I've learned my lesson and will never allow those mistakes to happen again.  Good luck to the both of you!

FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 5 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

DH had a +105 increase, in one month,  by having one late removed & having balances showing recent payments bringing his util down.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!! This is so helpful. I now found out that i was late on the first payment due to the creditor having the wrong billing address. I do not have a co borrorer to add to the home loan. I did just pay off alot of the collection. I asked them to completely remove the item instead of having it show paid/collections. My lender did offer to do a rapid rescore. He is working with a credit monitor agency that did a simulation that gave me these results. That is the reason why i went to work on paying these people. I really dont know why or how it dropped either. They are not reverifying the credit they use the simulation that will allow me to do what if's so to speak. i have a ttl of 600 split between three different credit card companies that is left on my balance. I am planning to have them all paid in full in the next week to allow time for it to affest my score. Do you think this will help? What is PFD or GW? I new to the site and not to good with the abbreviations. I researched FHA loan and I don't see why wedon't qualify for that do you? The only obligation that I have is child support of 175 mthly. I am current on that since 1999. I am gettin nervous about this. If my score can drop that fast who's to say it will come back up> What can I do to have them rescore me?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.