cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times do they pull your credit?

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: How many times do they pull your credit?

at the end of the rapid rescore, there is a pull.

but most lenders dont re-pull before closing.

are you with a broker? or a bank/banker?

Retired Lender
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question, I really don't know. It is a local mortgage company with in-house underwriting. Does this help?

It is not a bank.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

my fiance' had a rapid rescore done as well.. they pulled when we applied, pulled after the rescore, and pulled the 19th of dec. we close on tuesday. my LO said they should not pull again but they can do whatever they want before closing.

she did say the pulled the 19th, because the pull after the rapid rescore was more then 45days old...

hope that helps Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, this may not be what you're worrying about, but I *did* notice the other day that out of 3 lenders who checked DH's CRs, only one checked EQ. The rest only checked TU and EX.

Quicken checked all three, CountryWide checked TU and EX, "LandSafe" (which I've heard "works" for CW) checked TU and EX and LendingTree checked TU and EX.

Thought that was kinda funny since I was under the impression that they checked all three CRAs to get an accurate mid-score.

Just FYI.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoopsie! This is what happens when the MIL visits -- my poor brain shuts down completely -- it's its only defense!!

Here's the pulls we've had:

Equifax Mortgage (huh? EQ does mortgages? Don't even remember DH apping with them)
12/17 -- checked EX & TU

LandSafe (think they work with CountryWide -- could be wrong)
12/13 - EX
12/17 - EX

CountryWide
12/13 - EX
12/17 - TU

FA CREDCO (huh? Web site says they partner with Chase, one of the lenders we were "matched with" at LendingTree)
12/15 - EX & TU

DH went on an apping spree on the 13th. The 15th seems to be when he actually began talking to LOs with each company. The only one I don't really see here is QuickenLoans, though they did assure him that they pulled his credit.
Message 15 of 18
Established Member

My LO pulled on the 19th of dec.  He said it was good for 120 days and as long as I closed

within that time, it would not be pulled again.

does this sound right?

Message 16 of 18
cd73
Established Member

I just closed on my home and original CR was pulled 12/5, closed 12/31 and no other report was pulled.  
Message 17 of 18
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

bottom line:

ask your loan officer. he/she will know their company policy 

Retired Lender
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.