cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much could I get approved for

tag
IgotBadCredit

How much could I get approved for

Good day everyone! I would like to start off by introducing myself, I am 25 live in GA and I am currently serving overseas with the army on a 9 month deployment.

I am returning home in a couple of months and going back to living a normal life as I am a reservist, on th civilian side I work as a electrician apprentice. Last year I made about 34k from my civilian job & the army reserves, now I have been doing some reading on these forums and im sure I will be told to look at a mortage calculator online to see how much I can afford, but I would just like to read it from real people to see what they think. So far I have seen a couple of homes I liked, but they were in the 225k range.

My finances are looking good as of right now by the time I get bak I will have around 42k saved up and I plan to use my VA Home loan, I have $0 debt nothing at all. I have 3 collections from 2 years ago that have been fully paid the last one was paid last year.

So my question is considering that the banks would see my W2 from the past 2 years working as a electrician apprentice making around the same amount of 34k could I be approved for lets say a 225k loan?? this is considering I dont have any debt and have a good amount of cash saved up.

This would be my first home any advice you guys have for me I will appreciate!!

I also have 3 credit cards:

Capital one QS: 2500 - 0 Balance

Capital one MC: 1500 - 0 Balance

USAA - 1000 - 0 Balance

My credit scores :

EQ: 628 TU:  648  EX:648

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much could I get approved for

Some of the pros here can answer this better than I, but the rule of thumb I have heard is that you ago of not take out more than three times your income. Is that 34k net or gross?
Message 2 of 3
IgotBadCredit

Re: How much could I get approved for

Gross and yes im hoping someone can give me a good answer or advice I keep going back and forth on it everyday wether I really want to buy a house or not

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.