cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much house can my wife and I afford?

tag
Vegas247
Established Contributor

How much house can my wife and I afford?

Conventional loan 30 yr fixed 0 points. my income 50k per year, wife is 35 k per year = 85k total.....I have no debt and she has 500 a month car and student loans. I have 50k to put down.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much house can my wife and I afford?

http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-calculator/house-affordability/

probably not the most accurate but it should give you an idea

Message 2 of 13
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Richard, I see you are rebuilding and your FICO scores are'nt  too bad....can you break down you derogatory account of each credit bureau?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Richard, I see you are rebuilding and your FICO score are too bad....can you brek down you derogatory account of each credit bureau?

my EQ has no collection

TU/EX with 2 collections coming off end of this year so i should see a nice boost after that.

started rebuild with 2 secured cards, was approved for chase freedom 3k limit after 9 months. just picked up sallie mae 2k and target 500 last month. 

Message 4 of 13
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Richard, I see you are rebuilding and your FICO score are too bad....can you brek down you derogatory account of each credit bureau?

my EQ has no collection

TU/EX with 2 collections coming off end of this year so i should see a nice boost after that.

started rebuild with 2 secured cards, was approved for chase freedom 3k limit after 9 months. just picked up sallie mae 2k and target 500 last month. 

GREAT JOB....the reason I'm asking is I want to guage my wife's scores without running her credit or paying for it........she has 1 collection on TU that's 5 years old (I'm confident I can get that off) and 2 collections on her EQ and EX....She has about 5 credit cards with perfect history and they are about 6 years old. (in other words, she had pretty good average age on accounts) we are looking to buy a house, and am a little worried because I want her middle FICO to be at least 700....my middle is 750.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my EQ has no collection

GREAT JOB....the reason I'm asking is I want to guage my wife's scores without running her credit or paying for it........she has 1 collection on TU that's 5 years old (I'm confident I can get that off) and 2 collections on her EQ and EX....She has about 5 credit cards with perfect history and they are about 6 years old. (in other words, she had pretty good average age on accounts) we are looking to buy a house, and am a little worried because I want her middle FICO to be at least 700....my middle is 750.

good luck!!!!! just sign up on CK if u havent, use that as a guideline. once you get all the collections off then pay for a score on here to see where you stand. 

Message 6 of 13
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OP,

If you haven't done so already, it will benefit you to buy her EX and EQ scores from here just one time to get an idea of where your wife's mortgage scores currently are.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my EQ has no collection

$40 is worth the peace of mind to me, but my EX Risk Model v2 is north of 700 and my file is worse than hers: strongly suspect she'll clear it.

        
Message 8 of 13
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Revelate wrote:

Vegas247 wrote:

richardbb85 wrote:

Vegas247 wrote:

richardbb85 wrote:

my EQ has no collection

$40 is worth the peace of mind to me, but my EX Risk Model v2 is north of 700 and my file is worse than hers: strongly suspect she'll clear it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that makes me feel better.....You have more than 2 collections, and your EX score is over 700???

Message 9 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my EQ has no collection

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that makes me feel better.....You have more than 2 collections, and your EX score is over 700???

Single collection, state tax lien, 30/60 day late on a closed tradeline; all from late 2010... and I only established positive tradelines 3 years ago so she has me beat there too.

Diminishing returns apply to collections, namely the second counts substantially less than the first and presumably my lien and lates factor more heavily.  I'm not hugely above it but I am above it when my balances are pretty.

        
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.