Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I be able to afford

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much should I be able to afford

I'm want to build a new house next year. So far I have $20,000 saved up. By next year I should have about $40,000 saved. I have been putting alittle over $1200 a month into my savings account. Does the LO look at how much is being saved a month? This will be my first house. I moved in with my parents a couple of months ago to help them out as my dad has Stage 4 lung cancer. I know the banks will want to see rental history, but the last time I rented was about 8 years ago. I was living with a gf who owned the house, I didn't pay rent but I helped on the bills. My credit score is 690 and hopefully I will have a 720 when I get ready to build. I have a truck payment of $260 a month. Credit card debt is $1500. Utilization is at 11%. I make $55,000 a year. I'm nervous as this is my first time trying to buy a house.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: How much should I be able to afford

There's a "stickie" thread above that says "info that is needed" = copy & paste that, fill in your info, and then one of the mortgage guys will come along and give u their advice.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How much should I be able to afford

Info That Is Needed.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.