cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often will a lender ask for pay check stubs?

tag
Kiki901
New Contributor

How often will a lender ask for pay check stubs?

I've been pre-approved and am currently home shopping. I would like to take a vacation somewhere around the time of closing to get a few things situated (I travel for work and would like to be at home for a month or 2). So of course, for that period, I wouldn't have pay stubs. Is this ok? Or will it be frowned upon? I have them to provide in the beginning, just might not have them at the end. Can they use tax returns instead?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: How often will a lender ask for pay check stubs?

My lender only asked for paystubs once but they did call my job to verify I was employed still shortly before closing

Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Most lenders will ask for updated paystubs during the process so the paperwork is less than 30 days old when you close. The VOE (verification of employment) just before closing is SOP too.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until after you close to take the vacation (if it is unpaid). 

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

More than likely only once during the initial process, unless something changes and they need to see them again to verify.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.