cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How quickly did your home buying process go?

tag
usdabuyer

How quickly did your home buying process go?

I decided in March I wanted to try to buy a home.  Received my pre-approval letter telling me how much they would lend and I decided to go the USDA route.

May 6th I submitted my offer

May 8th it was accepted

May 9th appraisal was ordered, loan app was officially submitted

May 15th appraisal was done

I am going through the USDA program with a closing grant attached to it.  Has anyone else done this?  How quickly are things moving along for you? 

I have a tendency of not being very patient, so I am hoping other peoples journeys will help me know how quickly I can expect this to move.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Muschock
New Contributor

Re: How quickly did your home buying process go?

I closed on USDA mortgage 4/28/14...I applied on 3/21 and got my clear to close 4/18/14...had to wait til the 28th to close because seller lived out of town and couldnt get back to remove the rest of her things until then. Im in western PA...I know others have waited longer due to the USDA being backed up. Hope it goes quick for you!!!
Message 2 of 5
TIFFANY8

I submitted my initial application to USDA (TEXAS-DFW) on 1/3/2014, my scheduled closing is set for 5/23/2014 @ 12 pm.

It's been a journey, but all worth it!

Message 3 of 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

When my ducks were in a row, it took 45 days.

Message 4 of 5
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

I'm going phfa (pa loan similar to USDA but with 3% down) I signed my app on 4/14 & I close on 5/30... I didn't put my app in until a month after being under contract due to dispute comments.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.