Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I handle this when applying?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I handle this when applying?

I have a collections account that was paid the middle of last year. The collections agency verbally agreed to remove the account from my CR after I paid (I have nothing in writing) which they did. For the past 2 months the account has been added back to my TransUnion CR on the 19th and then immediately removed (it is gone the next day). I don't really want to bring the issue up to the collections agency due to the chance that they might 'fix' the account to remain on my report. How should I handle this when applying for a mortgage? Do I mention this to the loan officer? As long as they don't pull my credit on the 19th the account will never show on my CR. If I mention it to the loan officer or if they happen to check my report on the 19th and see the account will this be a issue?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How should I handle this when applying?

I would call the CA and ask them why the TL is being re-insterted every month

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call the CA and ask them why the TL is being re-insterted every month

Best of luck!

If I do that I run the risk of them adding it back permanently since I don't have it in writing that they agreed to remove. When I contacted them last month when this happened the only thing they said is they report accurately to the CRA and they don't remove accounts.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try posting this question in the credit rebuilding forum, you may be able to get better help with this one on that forum

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is moreso regarding addressing the issue with a mortgage officer. I would still qualify score wise even if they ran my CR on the day the account appears on my report. I would just prefer the report not be pulled on this day so that my mid score would be higher. My TU mortgage score is the highest at 681 but drops to 656 when the account temporarily appears.

Message 6 of 12
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

It should be a non-issue if you have proof of payment - send it to the LO only if they question it. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so don't bring it up unless they happen to run my credit the one day a month that this shows up on my report? Even when it shows up the CA does report it as paid at least.

Message 8 of 12
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

Best bet is to get a preapproval review and get the letter.  You can go over anything in your credit if necessary and provide a LOE if needed.  Having the preapproval letter makes your offer on a home stronger.  

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This account will not show up on my credit report unless the report is run on the 19th. It pops up on one of the 3 credit reports for one day each month.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.