cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should a foreclosure status read on the credit reports??

tag
specialksauce
Contributor

How should a foreclosure status read on the credit reports??

Just curious to those who might know how a foreclosure's status should read on your credit report. EXPERIAN OneWest 1st Closed OneWest 2nd Closed, Paid was CO Wells Fargo Closed Greentree Closed, CO with balance of 2nd M Real Time Resolutions Open, Balance (is for the deficiency of the 1st mortgage balance and what the home was sold for) Bogus account! TRANSUNION OneWest 1st $0 account 120 days past due OneWest 2nd CO with balance Wells Fargo $0 account 120 days past due Greentree CO with balance of 2nd EQUIFAX IndyMac 1st $0, 120+ days past due IndyMac 2nd Balance, Bad debt/collection, past due balance Wells Fargo $0, 120+ days past due Greentree $0 balance, Bad debt/Placed for collection, past due Transferred to recovery Charge off account Second mortgage Fixed rate We were awarded a deficiency judgement on both foreclosed homes so the Greentree trying to claim the One West/IndyMac 2nd mortgages isn't right. and the real time resolutions is bogus b/c they are claiming we owe on the 1st mortgage for one west/indymac. No true. That's another dispute in itself. Should it read Closed? Is that the correct way or does it not matter how it reads? I know its going to be negative regardless but I feel the closed looks better than the 120 days past due. How does one get them to report all as closed. They were closed in 2008.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: How should a foreclosure status read on the credit reports??

What do you mean you were awarded a deficiency judgment?

If you are the judgment holder/lien holder - then you are awared the deficiency judgment.

If you are the person against which the judgment was issued for the mortgage deficiency, then you are the defendant or judgment debtor.

It makes a difference as to which party you are as to how it reads. I assume from the rest of your post you are the defendant or the judgment debtor and the judgment was awarded to OneWest and then sold to Real Time Solutions. Either the judgment was sold, or the rights to collect it were sold to Real Time Solutions. They purchase distressed debt from all over the country for pennies on the dollar. They are a collections agency.

Message 2 of 5
specialksauce
Contributor

Oh my, the spreadsheet I had for the info didnt translate well. Sorry!

Real time solutions is claiming to be a mortgage company saying I owe 60k on a loan  so not true . I researched them, debt collectors like you said. 

judge awarded a waived deficiency judgement,  so we dont owe or shouldn't owe anything . Shoot I forgot the waived part! Ahh! 

So how should the mortgage company who foreclosed on us read on the credit reports? Shouldn't they all read closed? (ORIGINAL, not greentree or real time bc I know those are invalid) 

Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Oh yes, "waived" is the critical part.

Do you have a public record (foreclosure) showing on this account where the deficiency was waived?

Does the public record indicate that the deficiency was waived or is that elsewhere in the documents?

I ask because, if there is no deficiency, then they could not have subsequently sold the debt because it doesn't exist.

The original mortgage would read "foreclosed", not closed. If you have the documentation showing that there is no deficiency, then contact both the original creditor that sold the deficiency and the subsequent buyers with a copy of the documentation showing that there was no deficiency to purchase. Your goal is to have the tradeline removed. Don't go to the CRA, but go directly to the reporting creditor with your proof. You may need to bring in a consumer attorney to get this done.

Message 4 of 5
specialksauce
Contributor

Yes, I went to the court house and printed the deficiency waivers on both homes. I put in a complaint to BBB for Real Time Resolutions b/c they are claiming to be a mortgage company when they are not, also that they are claiming to have a loan with me when the deficiency was waived. But I will contact the OC and get the ball rolling on that. 

It does say "F" in the monthly updates for the OC, so I don't mind it being closed, with $0 balance and not late. It's the others that shows 120 days past due. 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.