Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with Tenant?

tag
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: How to deal with Tenant?

I bet these people recommending to evict a tenant and start over have never been a landlord.

I would check that she was paying the rent on time with the previous landlord. I can't blame her for not paying it recently while the house is in forclosure. I would then ask her if everything is OK with the house. You should do a new lease and a walk thru of the property looking at the condition. You don't need to analyse this to death. If it was in forclosure and she has continued to keep it in the same condition, then keep her.

Paying money to evict her if she doesn't want to go, redoing the house to ready it for a new tenant, advertising a rental in THIS MARKET, paying money to a realtor to find you a new tenant, etc. THAT IS JUST NUTS!

I would have never done that to my tenants and my rentals were always my previous house so they were nice houses.

Message 11 of 13
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

She seems to be a nice tenant and I would take the risk of letting her stay there. I went to see the house 2 or 3 times and her appartment was in a great condition. I didn't see any damage and she kept it clean.  I would do some reasearch on how to get a make lease agreement.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

as for my experience as a house renter..maybe you should ask her for pay of one month advance and one month deposit on the first day she stays there..i think this is always the rule here..and one thing, you should also make some house rules and regulations like water and light usage, noise pollution and other stuff..goodluck...
Message Edited by llecs on 05-29-2009 01:39 PM
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.