cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get HELOC reported correctly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get HELOC reported correctly?

Interesting...

So how do I get the Fico Experian Report?  From this site?  If so I will go run it and see what it says.

Besides disputing to that CRA the other two reports I am referencing are from this site; Equifax and Transunion.

So what gives with Experian?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The general public cannot purchase an EX Fico score. Those who are currently applying for a mortgage can ask their lender to tell them what their EX Fico score is on the report the lender pulls.

Fico and Experian cannot reach an agreement to allow Fico to resell an EX report with a Fico score to the public.

You can get your EX report from Experian or through the annualcreditreport.com site. The report you obtained from EX directly is fine for comparing tradelines with other reports. The scores which EX and others offer for sale are not Fico scores and are rather useless.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Experian-has-stopped-offering/bd-p/special_announcement

Message 12 of 16
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Experian FICO scores have not been readily available to consumers for over a year.  Like Revike said, I'd disregard anything your Experian Direct credit score and explanations have told you.

Could you post your HELOC entry from your credit report, making sure to block out any identifying data?  It might be helpful in figuring out whether your HELOC is, in fact, being recorded properly at TU.  You can copy and paste directly into your post.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the info on Experian. Hard to imagine that Experian Direct can represent they would provide a score if it is not Fico.. but I am sure that it somewhere in the fine print.

On TU:  A descrepency there... One screen shows the accounts properly... "Accounts at a Glance" - Revolving Debt = 15K

But in the "Score Simulator" it shows revolving debt including the HELOC. - Revolving Debt = 223K.   If I had to guess I would expect the simulator is wrong, but that does not explain why it is 44 points lower than EF??  Everything else in those repots seem to match.

Both TU & EF are missing some avaliable credit (TU -22K  / EF -32K), so it makes no sense that TU would be 44 points lower.

Message 14 of 16
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

The score simulator is not treating your HELOC correctly for scoring purposes.  Technically, all HELOC debt is revolving debt, but in your case it's not actually being included in the revolving debt calculation for your TU score.  Go with the numbers that actually appear on your report.

It's fairly common for there to be a difference between the FICO scores from EQ and TU.  My TU scores have always been consistently 20-25 points lower than my EQ scores.  There's some subtle differences between the two reports, but there is nothing that is obviously being reported negatively on TU.  The score models are different, with somewhat different weighting given to various aspects.

The bottom line is that your HELOC is being scored correctly for both EQ and TU.  And your EX score uses a non-FICO scoring version that isn't really used by creditors.  I would cease all attempts at disputing, because it appears that everything is fine with regard to your HELOC.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very enlightening.

Thanks for the help.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.