Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you approach this debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would you approach this debt?

Edit: Figured it out and decided to remove the post, sorry!

3 REPLIES 3
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: How would you approach this debt?

You should look at SoFi.com and see if they will do a personal loan. You can do the pre-qualify for only a SP. If you proceed you will end up with a HP.

If you can convert the CC debt and a bit of the other to installment debt your scores would take off.

Who is the foreign tax bill to? US or another country? And will it report to the credit bureaus? (It looks like a 12% loan at the interest rate but not sure an UW woould allow a tax bill. I guess my take is if it is not reported to the bureaus it will not have a negative effect on your scores, pay off the items that will improve your scores. You would still disclose it as part of a loan application.

Does your bonus income show up in the taxes you have filed the last 2 years (I believe than it can be considered income).

At least a start...

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. I actually do have a loan which was used to cover a large part of the foreign tax bill. (Detailed above.) Shouldn't report on credit since it's a different country but they can still assess penalties etc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

And sorry, the tax bill is an EU country. I'm US based and an American citizen who was previously living abroad.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.