Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CLOSED, TOO

tag
notmyj
Regular Contributor

I CLOSED, TOO

I closed on my house! two weeks early. Original contract was to close on Jan 6. Had my laptop attached to my back anytime I left the house. At work, at Lowes, the cigar shop or the bar, alway had it with me or in the car. I believe that single handedly got me closed 2 weeks early. Anytime my realtor or the lender needed something, I had it emailed to them within minutes. My realtor told me that I was the reason it went so fast. He said the biggest delay is getting the docs sent in by the buyer.

Anyway we closed 12-23-11 at 1pm. I got the keys and $2500 in Lowes giftcards. I was in and out in 30 minutes. Its done, nothing can happen to break it. It is closed and funded. My GF's car is packed, I am borrowing my friends truck in the AM to start moving, then to the flooring store to get the wood flooring for the kitchen, then to Lowes. Then back to the house to start cleaning and moving more stuff. I am hoping to be moved in with the kitchen and the appliances in by next friday.

I still cant believe that I own a home. I can do whatever I want without worries of a landlord or roomates. The freedom to walkaround in my underwear and not have to cover up when I get out of the shower. Thats what I am really looking forward to. Smiley Wink

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I CLOSED, TOO

how long did the process take you once you submitted the purchase agreement to your bank?  And Congrats!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! 

Message 3 of 4
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I am happy for you.  Although I have to admit a bit jealous.  I have been under contract 2 weeks earlier than you and still haven't closed. 

Enjoy your new house for Christmas and have fun putting in that floor and shopping at Lowes!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.