cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Closed and You can too..... Thank God!!!

tag
justjunie928
New Contributor

I Closed and You can too..... Thank God!!!

Here is an encouraging word for folks.  I finally closed on my house.  A bit of history.... I found this board about 3 years ago.  My credit was beyond poor, it was terrible. If I broke 520 on all 3 agencies, it was a miracle.  But thank goodness I found the credit rebuild and the mortgage communities.  I read everything, followed the advice and worked like crazy to make a turn around.  Since I didn't get in this mess overnight, I had realistic expectations that I wouldn't get out of it overnight.  It took about 2 and a half years, but my numbers really started to climb.  Earlier this year I broke the 620 mark (was thrilled).  I decided (since I read that there were lenders who would work with a 620 score), to put in for the house I had been looking at for about 6-8 months.  Well, following my lenders advice and the advice from the boards; in about 5 months went from a mid score of 620 to a midscore of over 640.  I just closed on my house Friday (12/27).  I know it was a blessing because when I first started looking the house was 270ish, the prices had started going up... when I was finally ready, the price was up to 287ish..... my absolute top. I had decided to just take builders grade everything and over time upgrade as I was able.... well it turned out that Grand gave me 42k in upgrades and a 10k lot upgrade..... I used 5k for the lot and they allowed me to use the other 5k for other upgrades.... My 287k house is now 340ish and I just got the keys!!!!  So folks out there.... don't get discouraged, keep on keeping on.... keep the faith and work the work.... Read everything on these boards, even if you don't think it applies, you would be surprised..... The advice of the gurus, super contributors, community leads and all the posts are priceless....  If I can do it.... you can too!   

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DCole3g
New Contributor

Re: I Closed and You can too..... Thank God!!!

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 10
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 10
kaymom
Contributor

Congrats, God is sooo GOOD!!!

A Fresh Start
Message 4 of 10
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Grand homes, so that means you are in the DFW area. Very very nice builder. We looked at them too.

Congrats on the amazing new home.

Message 5 of 10
Ms-Thang38
Valued Member

congrats

Starting scores: Dec 2012: 589, 612, 591
Current scores: Oct 2013: 660, 652, 666
Message 6 of 10
Rindy
Valued Member

I am so happy for you, you have encouraged me so much to try for it again in 2014! Thank you and GOD bless Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 652
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!! 

I also started with less than perfect credit and with the help of these boards (and friends putting me in touch with their realtor/broker), I am looking forward to applying for a mortgage later this year. 

You experience is adding to my motivation, congratulations on your new home and have a great 2014!!!

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Message 8 of 10
jmoney1
New Visitor

Congrats to you! Blessings!!

Message 9 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@justjunie928 wrote:

Here is an encouraging word for folks.  I finally closed on my house.  A bit of history.... I found this board about 3 years ago.  My credit was beyond poor, it was terrible. If I broke 520 on all 3 agencies, it was a miracle.  But thank goodness I found the credit rebuild and the mortgage communities.  I read everything, followed the advice and worked like crazy to make a turn around.  Since I didn't get in this mess overnight, I had realistic expectations that I wouldn't get out of it overnight.  It took about 2 and a half years, but my numbers really started to climb.  Earlier this year I broke the 620 mark (was thrilled).  I decided (since I read that there were lenders who would work with a 620 score), to put in for the house I had been looking at for about 6-8 months.  Well, following my lenders advice and the advice from the boards; in about 5 months went from a mid score of 620 to a midscore of over 640.  I just closed on my house Friday (12/27).  I know it was a blessing because when I first started looking the house was 270ish, the prices had started going up... when I was finally ready, the price was up to 287ish..... my absolute top. I had decided to just take builders grade everything and over time upgrade as I was able.... well it turned out that Grand gave me 42k in upgrades and a 10k lot upgrade..... I used 5k for the lot and they allowed me to use the other 5k for other upgrades.... My 287k house is now 340ish and I just got the keys!!!!  So folks out there.... don't get discouraged, keep on keeping on.... keep the faith and work the work.... Read everything on these boards, even if you don't think it applies, you would be surprised..... The advice of the gurus, super contributors, community leads and all the posts are priceless....  If I can do it.... you can too!   

Congratulations to you!!!! What do you mean?? How did you get all the free upgrades? For 10k?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.