Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'M DONE! Official Homeowner :)

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

I'M DONE! Official Homeowner :)

I closed on my first house today at 1 pm! I think I am still in shock but I am officially done.  Smiley Very Happy I want any newcomers on their path to know that if I can do it, trust me ANYONE can! Until I found this website I never thought that I would be able to purchase my own home this soon after rehabbing my credit. This website is a Godsent and literally providing invaluable advice for anyone wanting a second chance. I made a goal to be in my house before my bday this year and by reading, learning and applying all the tips and advice on here I was able to successfully reach that goal. Because of how prepared I was the realtor and broker both said I was the  best and easiest client they ever had. For the most part, this whole process went smoothly. If I can stress anything to people about to go through the process, is to do your own homework on the mortgage company and do not just take the referral from your realtor. It can make a world of difference and save you a lot of stress along the way. The company I went through was awesome and if I ever buy another house they will be the only people I use. Thank you to everyone on here and good luck to all!!!

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 2 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: I'M DONE! Official Homeowner :)

congrats

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 15
RJA
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your new home.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats!!!

Message 5 of 15
dimonde
New Visitor

I am in Michigan, Any hope for me? I purchased a home in 2012, but credit was bad.  My husband receive a settlement an we paid cash for our home. now we are not able to get a loan on our home because we have not good credit.  Is there anyone out there that can help with this

Message 6 of 15
HopeThruFaith
New Contributor

Congratulations!!!
Message 7 of 15
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 8 of 15
laella
Established Member

CONGRATS AND GREAT GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes it sound more positive for me.

Congrats again!

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
sandrachicago
New Contributor

are they nationwide lender? please pm their contact info..thanks and congrats!
"Enriching others will flow that same energy back to you."
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.