Did you mean: 

I Pulled The Trigger!!! New Pics!!

tag
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Re: I Pulled The Trigger!!! New Pics!!

@dragonfly66 wrote:

@securingourfuture wrote:

Your new home is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and I'm sending you e-hugs and positive e-thoughts for a smooth closing!

Thanks, I appreciate the positive thoughts.  BUT, as luck would have it, it looks like I am going to have to push back my closing date by a couple of days.  I was supposed to have my final walk through and inspection tomorrow morning, but the city utilities department decided that they didn't have time to turn on the power and water today, and likely won't have it on before Monday.  Hurricane Irma caused enough of a mess up here that everything is a couple of days behind.  So, I guess I have no choice but to wait. This is about to be the longest week of my life.  I don't know if I'm going to make it. Smiley Mad

Oh wow. I know you are frustrated. I'm in Houston and we just fought Harvey, so I understand. At least you close after the storm, so any possible damages or issues can be addressed prior to move-in. Keep us posted and hang in there. You're eyeing home base now!

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 81 of 95
Spider07
Regular Contributor

@dragonfly66 wrote:

Your new home is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and I'm sending you e-hugs and positive e-thoughts for a smooth closing!

Thanks, I appreciate the positive thoughts.  BUT, as luck would have it, it looks like I am going to have to push back my closing date by a couple of days.  I was supposed to have my final walk through and inspection tomorrow morning, but the city utilities department decided that they didn't have time to turn on the power and water today, and likely won't have it on before Monday.  Hurricane Irma caused enough of a mess up here that everything is a couple of days behind.  So, I guess I have no choice but to wait. This is about to be the longest week of my life.  I don't know if I'm going to make it. Smiley Mad

Again, I find this interesting. Our builder has had the power and water on for over a month now in our new construction home.  All we have to do is have it transfered to us the day of closing.  On a good note, our lender has told us they expect the clear to close on Monday or Tuesday and closing is not scheduled until the 28th. 

Message 82 of 95
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

@Spider07 wrote:

@dragonfly66 wrote:

Again, I find this interesting. Our builder has had the power and water on for over a month now in our new construction home.  All we have to do is have it transfered to us the day of closing.  On a good note, our lender has told us they expect the clear to close on Monday or Tuesday and closing is not scheduled until the 28th. 

Yeah, I don't know why DR Horton waits so long to request that the utilities be turned on.  I got my clear to close a couple of days ago for what was supposed to be a closing on the 19th.  

To add to the misery, they painted my shutters and door the wrong color and the tree they planted in the front yard is dead, so they are going to have to fix those things as well. Those are easy fixes.  The biggest issue is that the houses on my side of the street are really closes together (10-13 feet apart), and the cement platform that they built for the A/C unit to sit on is massive.  A normal platform is just barely bigger than the unit itself and flush with the ground.  All of the other houses in my subdivision have normal sized platforms.  Mine is 4ft x 4ft and 3-4 inches above ground.  I'm really concerned because the lot is graded so that the water drains toward the front of the house and I think this is going to cause some drainage issues which will kill the grass.  Take a look at the difference.  

This pic is the A/C unit from the house across the street which is the same floorplan that I have. This is how it's supposed to look.

Neighbors House 2.JPG

This is what they gave me.  They built a freaking patio for my A/C unit!  I'm asking them to re-do it and make it a normal size.  There is no reason it needs to be this big.  The black plastic fencing is where my neighbors yard starts.  I basically will have to walk into his yard to go around this thing if I'm walking down the side of the house.  Not good.

House Compressor.JPG

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 83 of 95
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your new home!  

The floors and kitchen are absolutely amazing!  You made great choices.  I love dark hardwood floors.  They are stunning!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 84 of 95
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Well, my agent spoke with the sales agent for the subdivision today.  DR Horton has said they will not fix the platform for the A/C unit because there is nothing to fix.  It is within code, so they won't even give me a credit at closing to have it fixed myself.  Of course they couldn't say why mine was built that way and nobody else's was.  They did say that they would address my concern about it causing a drainage problem though.  As a last ditch effort to keep it from looking so intrusive, I'm asking them to at least raise the sod around the edge so that it will be flush to the ground and won't look so obtrusive.  We'll see what they say.

To top it off the city still hasn't gotten the utilities turned on and the builder is now pushing my closing date back to the 27th to give the city time to get the utilities turned on and for final inspections to be done.  I've had to push all of the correlated activities (e.g., movers, etc.) back to accommodate this.  I feel like I'm being tortured.  At least they'll change my shutters and door to the right color and replace the dead tree they gave me. Smiley Indifferent

Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 85 of 95
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

The longest week of my life is (almost) over!!!  My closing is scheduled for tomorrow at 4:00p.m. Smiley Very Happy Here are a few pics of the finished product.  The shutters and doors got repainted to a dark red option that I chose.  it doesn't show as well in the pics below, but it does look good.  They also replaced the dead tree and made the A/C unit's platform much less obtrusive looking by raising the sod around the edge of the platform.  I am pleased.  I cannot wait for closing tomorrow!  Anyway, here is what the final product looks like.  I'm finally about to cross the finish line.

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

Message 86 of 95
Mike2
New Contributor

Awesome! Look like the house has always been there!
Credit Scores: Beginning, March 2011: EX 590,TU 595 EQ 597

Current FICO 8 Scores: EX, TU, EQ

Current Mortgage Scores: EX, TU, EQ,

Vantage3 Scores: EX: (742), TU: (752), EQ: (752)

Goal Scores: EX: (850) TU: (850). EQ: (850)
Message 87 of 95
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

You've got yourself a beautiful home! Good luck tomorrow at closing! Congratulations!

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 88 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

this good movtivation, keep upSmiley Happy

Message 89 of 95
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Annnnd, we're done!  I am now the proud new owner of this beauty.  The closing was a breeze and only lasted about 40 minutes, and I was out of there with keys in hand.  I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am.  I learned so much on this site regarding what to do and not to do in rebuilding my credit so that I could get this point.  I am grateful to the everyone who shared their experience because that's truly what makes this site so valuable.  Thank you.

Final House Pic.jpg

Message 90 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.