cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am stuck with the worst Loan Officer of all time!!!

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

I am stuck with the worst Loan Officer of all time!!!

Because I have to go with a USDA loan and because the USDA is behind on files due to previous government shutdown I am stuck with a LO who has been a nightmare since day one!  I even believe he has purposely stalled my file so that I will not have the time to go with another mortgage company! 

The last thing he did was to pressure me to sign paperwork that was incorrect (wrong numbers); then I added a fence to the price of the home last minute, but I had a good eason why...it was the HOA that took forever to approve it...but the LO told me that it would set my file back by 7-10 days!  Then I asked someone else in the business and she told me it would only take like 2 days maybe 3 to add the fence and correct the paperwork.  So far the addendum for the fence was signed, ratified and added to the file on Thursday of last week, now it has been a whole week and STILL the file has not been sent to USDA!!!!  This has been back and forth for over 2 months!!!!  I am so upset with this LO and his assistance is just as bad.  It takes her 2 days to respond to email!!!!  But I am stuck because the home closed on the 18th of Dec and I still have the file pending to go to USDA, which is working with a 45 day timeline!!!  

I am venting, but I really just want to fire this guy and start over, but I can't!!!Smiley Mad

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Re: I am stuck with the worst Loan Officer of all time!!!

I feel your pain! Ours was the same way... She delayed, stalled, refused to communicate. When you asked a question she made you feel like it was a major hassle just to speak to you let alone answer your question. She drug her feet enough to force us into 2 lock extentions and then had the nerve to tell us she had bent over backwards to make sure everything was done correctly. It got so bad our realtor, our realtors boss AND the selling agent all called her and read her the riot act over how everything was handled.

Thing that made me laugh at the end of it all was when she sent all of us the EMail that we had passed USDA and the closing date was set, she said she was sorry but due to another appointment she would be unable to attend the closing. hahaha she was scared to face all of us Smiley Happy

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 2 of 4
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear it.  Our loan officer was not the greatest at communication.  She hated computers, and was not very proficient with them.  She rarely would give me a straight answer.  She was trying to be reassuring and tell us not to worry about anything when our goal was simply to get an update on the process...nobody was worrying, we just wanted regular updates.  Unless I reached out first, we never would have heard from her. 

In the end it worked out and all the frustration and anger subsided when we were handed our keys.  Our closing was in our mortgage company's office.  The conference room we were set up in was right across the hall from our loan officer.  She walks into the room and says "See? I told you that I had everything under control.  It was easy.  Well, it wasn't easy with the appraisals...getting everything to work out, that actually took some work."  I said "yeah, but that's what you get paid for, right?"  She just let out a sarcastic half-laugh and walked out of the room. 

Message 3 of 4
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

I can not believe they get away with this.  This LO has sucked the joy of buying our first home.   I am so dissappointed.

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.