cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot wait much Longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I cannot wait much Longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Do you actually get the keys today? Smiley Happy

We're still waiting for the UWs to finish whatever it is they're doing. Yep... waiting. Almost 3 weeks now. Seller is getting antsy to get the house off their books, we just want to get this nightmare over with, and the underwriters.... well, they supposedly worked through the weekend to get docs caught up. Maybe to them, working on the weekend means surfing youtube in your cubicle. Still no news here   Smiley Sad

Note: don't use Prospect Mortgage- they suck.

Message 81 of 105
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

WE CLOSED!! Got keys, start moving stuff tomorrow!

Woo hoo!!!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 82 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

We CLOSED!!!!!!  We also got our keys (and a fresh cut job on the grass).  We ordered the furniture and fridge and will start painting tomorrow or Wednesday.   Yay!!!  Finally!!!

For everyone else waiting - hang in there.  It took us 4 months but we made it!!!

We also met some neighbors today when we went over for a bit.  Seems like there are nice folks living around us.  I think we have finally found exactly what we're looking for!!!

Message 83 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kathy and tduck, CONGRATS!

You made it!! 

Woo hoo!

Message 84 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

So we got a phone call this afternoon from our L.O., figured she was probably just calling with more requests from our U.W., but we were wrong... well, kinda. She asked if we were available to sign this afternoon, so we cleared our schedules and drove the 90 minutes to the title company to sign. About halfway through, the U.W. calls and said she was a little uneasy about the copy of our gift check from my parents (she claimed it looked like the account numbers were doctored!!!! GRRR!! Smiley Mad ), and she felt like she needed something else besides that and the gift letter.... even though the docs were ordered, sitting in front of us, halfway signed!!!! Our L.O. proceeded to rip her a new one on the phone in front of us (we were astonished!!). It seemed like we had the underwriter from Hades or something!!!

Her boss eventually cleared things up and promised our L.O. to do something about this U.W. being way beyond reasonable. 

So now we're hoping to get the keys tomorrow or Friday. Yay!! 

.... stupid Underwriters!!!!! Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by RegionalJetPilot on 05-06-2009 05:26 PM
Message 85 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

How stupid is that. And, I'm sure your bank accepted the doctored check to let you deposit it, huh?  These UW are out of control, I'm telling you!  There is a time when it reaches a point of going way beyond protecting the best interests of the bank and just being ridiculous and looking for something to cause an issue with.
Message 86 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our LO said the same thing, UpUpUp... lol, it's been one thing after another with this UW! From what our LO told us, the UW's boss basically told her to cut the poop and quit dragging this approval out. We're obviously more than qualified credit and income-wise, we have more than 6 months worth of mortgage payments in reserve, and the house appraised well.

So we're waiting for the sale to record sometime today hopefully, so we can get the keys. 

Unless that UW shows up at our front door to stop us from moving in  Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by RegionalJetPilot on 05-07-2009 07:38 AM
Message 87 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Our LO said the same thing, UpUpUp... lol, it's been one thing after another with this UW! From what our LO told us, the UW's boss basically told her to cut the poop and quit dragging this approval out. We're obviously more than qualified credit and income-wise, we have more than 6 months worth of mortgage payments in reserve, and the house appraised well.

So we're waiting for the sale to record sometime today hopefully, so we can get the keys. 

Unless that UW shows up at our front door to stop us from moving in  Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by RegionalJetPilot on 05-07-2009 07:38 AM

Sure we didn't have the same underwriter? LOL.  Same thing, house appraised fine, I put down 20% and with seller paying closing I ended with 2 years in reserves and they were busting my tail over a $5 part from home depot and requiring the appraiser to come out a 3rd time on conventional loan to make sure the seller put the trap back on under the sink!  Ridiculous. Honestly. These underwriters are out of control.

Best of luck to you. Atleast I got my keys right away - though I made it very clear I was NOT driving up there just to sign papers I wanted my keys or I wasn't showing up! 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 05-07-2009 12:15 PM
Message 88 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe.... we very well may have had the same hellish UW!!! We're expecting to get our keys tomorrow- so the latest hold up is that our lender requires the docs to be physically sent back to them (not just electronically) in order to fund the loan. If they get those by 10 am today, hopefully it will fund this afternoon and be recorded by tomorrow morning, which is when we can get the keys. That is, of course, if the stars and planets line up in a certain way and a rooster crows precisely at 3:42pm on a farm owned by a guy named Bill, located up to but not including 25.4 miles from downtown El Paso. Then, and only then will this loan fund... well that's how it would be if our UW had her way...  Smiley Tongue

I kid you not, but I've noticed more and more gray hairs in the past three weeks... and I'm only 28!!! 

Message 89 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm about ready to scream the title of the thread.

i was told i'd get my appraisal today but i haven't heard anything from my loan officer. i'm starting to think there is no way i'm going to close on time. Smiley Sad

Message 90 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.