cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot wait much Longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I cannot wait much Longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We heard back from underwriting today.  There are more conditions!!!  They have a laundry list of things they want.  They would like updated bank statements (I knew they would) because its been so long, copy of my driver's license (which they aready have), the license number of the home inspector who wrote the report on the oil tank, copy of cancelled earnest money check, a few things on the appraisal (items thatwere already in the appraisal), what years I was in college (which is totally irrelevant because I graduated 6 years ago and have been working without a break in the same field since and have been with my current employer for almost 3 years now), and a host of other little things, most of which they already have!!!  Some of the stuff is so ridiculous that I wonder if they don't have the files mixed up!!  So our LO is assembling everything.  I spent about an hour and a half on the phone and downloading statements and having my husband fax other stuff from home (thank goodness for the 8 year old fax machine at home).  The account rep told my LO that when we get everything back to them they'll put us in the "rush pile."  I figure that since the normal pile took 4 days, the rush pile will take 3.5 - LOL.  Is there no end to this nightmare?  Our realtor is working on getting the extension on the contract.  Hopefully there are no issues there.  Looks like a April closing is not in the cards for us... 

I've lost sight and I can't even imagine closing and moving now.

Message 41 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel (felt) your pain. That's exactly what they did to me, I didn't even mention all the mundane stuff becuase the issue with the appraisal and the sink, etc. was more than enough to complain about. I really can't see why they need to know what years you were in college though? What's that all about?  Hang in there, you're almost at the end of the ride.

I look at this process sort of like a crazy ride an amusement park. At the beginning you are all anxious and excited, then you get kind of nervous, then you start to feel sort of sick, then the ride finally ends and you vow never to get on that ride again. Then....you still feel slightly sick, even after!

Message 42 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is everyone else doing at this point?  My LO submitted everything the lender asked for this morning.  I've been trying to get an estimate from her for how long it will take underwriting now but I haven't been able to get an answer.  I can't blame her though as I wouldn't want to committ to a time frame to me either Smiley Wink 

Our realtor hasn't heard back from the seller's realtor yet to find out if we got our extension.  Since its after 5, I'm not too optimistic about this.  I have a feeling that the house is going to be back on the market in a couple of days.  The lender needs to move quickly.  Our realtor said that if they do relist in lieu of extending the contract, we'll still persue the loan and when we get the clear to close we'll call them up.  I am not feeling very good about this at all.  If they were reasonable they would simply extend, but we've already witnessed how completely unreasonable and obnoxious they can be.  The fact that these delays were all because of them and their house are completely irrelevant to them.  I'll be surprised if they sign the extension.  This totally stinks Smiley Sad

Message 43 of 105
debc
New Contributor

just got the nod from my LO that we made it through final approval. with one condition. Judgement needs paid. i had agreed to that origianlly, however located a document from the courts that said dismissed. well....the garnishment was dismissed, not the judgement....now they say pay, even though it has been removed from my CR, the credit people that work for UW called the court, the court told them the JUDGEMENT had not been satisfied. so, we must pay or no close. Called the attorny on the summons...they dont know anything about it, cant locate it. Called the orig creditor, NCO (ugh) called 3 different people, finally someone located it, said now it was over 4000.00! orig judgement was 2729. so delima, now what....NCO shows the old acct from FSUSA (ugh again). its DLA listed on an old 2006 CR was 2000, then above that is the entry where NCO bought it and shows DLA as 2005 and an increas in the balance...my LO processor said something about paying at the table...I am sick.
Message 44 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're still in UW as of 12:15 pm today. Doesn't look like we're closing this week...
Message 45 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, we got the approval last night!! Our LO called at about 6pm and told us the good news, but there are a few strings attached... according to our LO, the big one is the accessability of my wife's retirement account funds- which really doesn't make sense because we're coming in with about $10k in reserves, and we're not even touching any of our retirement money at all. On top of that, they're getting an outside review of the appraisal and a few other verifications. She said it's mostly paperwork.

Still looks like we're good to close by the end of the week.... according to our LO. We'll see. 

Message 46 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debc:  congrats on the approval.  That stinks about the judgement having to be paid.  I hope it all works out for you!!

RegionalJetPilot:  It looks like you're well on your way.  How exciting. 

We finally got an acceptance on our extension today.  We are locked back in with the seller until May 8.  We are still in u/w waiting on final approval.  My LO still hasn't given me an eta on when u/w will get back with us.  Our realtor says she is hoping for a closing this week, but I'm thinking its unlikely.  We'd need the clear to close by the end of the day tomorrow.  I'm exhausted.  I may need to check into an asylum before this is all over!!

Message 47 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

We should all get together for drinks after this fiasco is over! God knows, I think we all could use a few!! Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by RegionalJetPilot on 04-28-2009 02:00 PM
Message 48 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We should all get together for drinks after this fiasco is over! God knows, I think we all could use a few!! Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by RegionalJetPilot on 04-28-2009 02:00 PM

You'll be so exhausted from this process and from starting your move that you won't even think about drinks for a while. I still haven't opened up my wine! 

Congrats. You are almost there!!

Message 49 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the clear to close on Monday, walkthrough is at 8:30 and paper signing is at 9:00am

Pretty excited! 

I've been doing 3d renders of one of the unfinished rooms in the basement for a computer room >_< 

(I'm an IT geek)

Best of luck to you all and I hope everything wraps up quickly!

Message 50 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.