Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could cry right now

tag
luckyashes04
New Contributor

I could cry right now

Last night I pulled my TU report and noticed back on March 1, a collection agency did an inquiry. They called me a week later and I paid off the bill because I didn't want it to hit my CR. We are under contract on a new construction, we were told no more inquiries. Will this be a deal breaker? They called about a medical bill from 2008 and I paid it because I didn't want it to hit my credit. Will this inquiry be ok because its not resulting in any new credit?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: I could cry right now

I would not worry about the INQ but I would worry that they will report a paid collection. Paying a collector for a medical bill is very bad
Message 2 of 5
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Crap.... what could happen?
Message 3 of 5
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

I think toole is referring to the new trade line on your report for a collection account.

Did you agree to pay it if they did not report or delete?
Message 4 of 5
luckyashes04
New Contributor

I told them i would pay it if they didn't report it. They told me that they do not have anything to do with credit reports and do not report any information....yet they did an inquiry so I'm sure they lied to me.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.