Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had to give USAA the axe:(

tag
gul1
New Contributor

Re: I had to give USAA the axe:(

1. I will have to check out that website you mentioned! I have two drama queens,lol. My 9 year old wants everything purple with peace signs and zebra stripes,lol. One of my 5 year old twins wants everything to be like from a disney movie, she wants to be a princess when she grows up, hehe. My other 5 year old is pretty laid back, she loves dinosaurs, toystory and cars,lol. They are total opposites, they don't even look like twins. I would love the samsung washer and dryer too but since we need so much other stuff like you guys, that won't happen for a while. The things that we need have to come first, like a fridge and window treatments,lol.
  2. I got an email from our Loan officer today at 7 am  that the UW wants verification of us living in our rental house. He said that's a pretty unusual request, we have lived in this house for 5 years. The underwriter wanted 2 utility bills that show our address, problem was that we only have one bill. Our city provides us with power, water, garbage etc and it's all on one bill. After explaining that the underwriter said the one bill was sufficient. We don't have a house phone, just cell phones and we have no cable or a sattelite dish, I sent our internet bill to our loan officer too because that's all we have. Luckily after one hour everything was fine and now we are just waiting for the escrow company to call and set up a time for signing the paperwork. Hopefully the builders $5800 and our earnest money will cover the closing cost. I can't wait until this is all done and we have the keys.

Message 11 of 22
tishmomof2
Valued Member

oh wow im glad everything is fine now, I have to go sign all the loan papers, thursday mostly likely and then it will go to underwriting for the final approval, we already have the commitmant letter so my loan officer says we are good as gold as long as we dont buy anything, but I wont be off edge till I have some keys, and we are moved in!!!, this has been a very stressfull road and I am hoping its well worth it

Message 12 of 22
gul1
New Contributor

Yes, the whole process is stressfull. I think we are just now waiting on the escrow company to call and set up a time to sign the papers. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday, offical closing day is still Monday. I hope, they don't push that back further. I still need to give my landlord a 30 day notice. I don't want to do that until we have the keys. We have 3 kids and and pet ( 2 dogs, 2 birds, a gecko and 2 fish tanks) and it's hard to find a rental with so many kids and pets,lol. I am slowly packing up stuff. I can't believe it, until I have the keys in my hand.

Message 13 of 22
tishmomof2
Valued Member

are u guys military?? we havent lived off post since we first got married, so this will be a new experience for us,, the  kids are so excited,, they havent started building its still just grass out there, I am so ready to take pics of the process,, I went to lowed today to walk around,, we got a fridge in the offer, omg but i looked at some today, they won me over, I know we wont get it tho lol,, they were really nice, with the blue lights and digital and al that good stuff, then I went over to the washers and dryers and fell in love with a set there too, then I had to snap out of it, and look at the lower end models they we will proably end up getting lol,, they were still nice, just so basica once u look at all the others

Message 14 of 22
gul1
New Contributor

No, we aren't military anymore. Dh is ex army. I will be getting one of the cheaper fridges, washer and dryer sets too. As long as they work well I am ok with it I guess,lol. My kids would like one of the fridges that cost almost 3K. I do too but it's just too much money for a fridge. But the house comes with a stainless steel oven, mircowave and dishwasher, at least I will have some nice appliances Smiley Happy. There is just so much other stuff that we need, the windows are huge in the new house, so the window treatments won't be cheap. And we need to build a fence to one of the neighbors.

Message 15 of 22
veracious
Established Contributor

@gul1 and tishmomof2.

Enjoyed the back and forth between you two, and I would like to say thanks to your DH's for serving.

And hats off to a couple of wonderful ladies holding down the fort.

God bless you all and good luck going forward.

tishmomof2
Valued Member

Thanks Varacious!!!!,, 

@gul1 you have stainless steellllllllllllllllllllllllll???????????????????????? I'll trade you lol,, I wanted stainless steel so bad, but sometimes u have to give and take when buying a home, I wanted a garden tub and seperate shower, smooth top range,, so I knew getting ss was a long shot loll, but I say, once u got the house u can always upgrade years down the line. . the practical washer and dryer are still a step up from what we have now lol.. cause u can put fabric softner in a little container inside the dryer, and to me thats a plus, because right now, I have to dry clothes 2-3 for them to get dry, and with my washer, I can only wash on the light cycle lmbo, so I will be greatful for anything!!! a lady was selling a set on craiglist because she is getting divorced and her husband didnt send alimony, so she need to sell her samsungs, she got for xmas, so sad, but im just ready to see some progress!!!

Message 17 of 22
gul1
New Contributor

Thanks Varacious!

Tishmom, I have always wanted a stainless steel smooth top oven too and when we looked at the house dh pointed at the oven and said, look, the house comes with the oven you have always wanted Smiley Happy. They are so much easier to clean, just wipe them down, no pulling out coils lol. My washer and dryer are super old. I got them for free of craigslist a few years ago. Who knows how much longer they will work, they don't even match. The washer washes everything hot or warm. It refuses to wash my stuff cold. We are putting the old set in dh shop, it has a dryer/washer hook up and he can wash his dirty, greasy clothes in there when he works on his truck. Those Samsung sets are soo nice, I wouldn't know which color to pick,lol. But for now a cheaper matching set that washes on cold and isn't 10+ years old will do,lol.

I got an email from our Loan Officer tonight, he said our documents were just sent to escrow and the escrow signer will be calling dh tomorrow to set up a time to sign! The closing day of June 6th may actually happen, yay. I still can't believe it.

Message 18 of 22
tishmomof2
Valued Member

omg ! so you are closing Monday!! when will u guys move in.???????????????? I would love to see a pic of your house, im so excited for you,, we have so much longer,, I think me and the little one will take a drive over to see if they have started, so I can take a few pictures for my scrapbooking!!  I m so ready for my husband to get back so we can ride over together and take a look at it

Message 19 of 22
gul1
New Contributor

Hi,

yes as of now the closing date is still on Monday. I hope the escrow lady can get a hold of my dh today, he is at work and has 4 of his bosses there from out of town. If you would like we could exchange personal emails and I can show you pics Smiley Happy. Do you have a floor plan already?

School isn't out until the 15th, so we will wait until then but we will start bringing things over as soon as we have the keys, Just the beds, tv's and couches will stay until we really move. The town is about 30 minutes one way from our current town so that would be too much driving back and forward. My twins get out at 12 45 pm and my 9 year old dd at 3 30 pm. I can't wait to have the keys in my hand. I am waiting for my dh to call or text me and tell me when he is signing the papers.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.