cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a couple of questions about homes being removed from the MLS.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple of questions about homes being removed from the MLS.

I did not think that homes got removed from the MLS right after an offer was accepted.  We do have pre-approval and the seller accepted our offer but we still have to get the bank's approval due to it being a short sale.  Just seems unfair to the seller if the listing is removed when it is a possibility that the bank may not approve or our financing falls through.  

Is it normal for a short sale to be removed from the MLS before the bank accepts the offer?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: I have a couple of questions about homes being removed from the MLS.

Was it removed or was the status changed? Depending on where you are viewing the MLS listing from, a simple status change will make it look invisible. Homes can be coded as active, pending, etc.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been completely removed from realtor.com, zillow, and listingbook.com.  It is not even just showing up as contingent or anything on Listingbook. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction, it is showing up on Listingbook as "pending".  Yay, I can still see the pictures now : )

Message 4 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Mine was removed from zillows, etc, but still under the fannie mae homepath website as "pending".

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.