Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope I didn't screw everything up

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

I hope I didn't screw everything up

Oh I hope I didn't jsut screw everything up.

I have been absolutely perfect the last 4 years.  I was out of town at a wedding from Tuesday last week and returned today.  I was up in the mountains with sketchy phone and no internet access. I sat down this evening and was reviewing my bank transactions online like I do 2-3 times a week and realized my rent had not gone thru.  so I checked online and it had not.  and it saying "late" and it would not let me do the payment online.  I have sent an online email as well as left a phone message and will obviously be making the payment first thing in the morning in the office.  

I am jsut concerned as since mine is a new build I know there will be another pass at my credit etc My LO and I we3re talking about doing it end of september so it will cover the latest the house is due to be completed the end of november.  

I know they already spoke to the apt people as my loan is alrady approved but I just don't want this to cause me an issue.  

Should I jsut wait and see what the apt office says tomorrow or should I tell my lo just to make sure I have my bases covered?  I am freaking out a little bit.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Photochick
Established Member

Re: I hope I didn't screw everything up

Any chance your lease gives you a 5 day grace period for rent?  

More importantly, did you receive an official (legal) late notice from the leasing office?   I wonder if, since there's an online payment option, they automatically make that cut-off date on the 1st without building in a grace period.....maybe so the resident would have to pay in person if after the 1st? 

I used to work in a leasing office years ago and even though rents were due on the 1st, we couldn't send out late notices to start legal proceedings until after the 5th. 

My guess/hope is it will all be ok when you go in to pay today

I am a renter right now too (have a contract on a new build townhouse, hoping to close in December), so I can't say for certain about notifying the LO......but I probably would just because my worrisome mind wouldn't let me sleep until then.

Good luck today!

Message 2 of 3
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: I hope I didn't screw everything up

Yaaa panic averted.  I went and got the check over lunch and just paid it.  They said since I paid before the 10th it wouldn't be reflected anywhere.  THANK GOD.  

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.