Established Member
OHWWCB

I just moved and started a new job, will that hurt my approval chances?

I just moved back to my hometown to start a new job and after living all over the country for work for years, I plan on settling and buying a house. Will the fact that I've only had the job and lived in my residence for one year hinder my chances at getting approved for a mortgage? I was planning on trying to buy a house next year when my lease is up.

Thanks!

AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $6500 | Discover IT $6000 | Chase Freedom $4500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $1000 | Macy's $1000 | Victoria's Secret $900
Valued Contributor
ezdriver

Re: I just moved and started a new job, will that hurt my approval chances?

Your housing situation is not a problem. Your employment could be. Generally lenders like to see two years on the same job and more years in the same field if a job change occured. We cannot answer your question without knowing more about your employment.

Starting Score: 618
Scores on 10/9/13: EFX 652, XPN 669, TUC 662
Scores on 3/17/14: EFX 649, XPN 677, TUC 681
Goal Score: 720 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
OHWWCB

It just occured to me that this might be an issue as I was with my last employer for 12 years. I started my current job in May of this year and was looking to begin the mortgage process in Spring of 2014 originally and that wouldn't even be a year.

AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $6500 | Discover IT $6000 | Chase Freedom $4500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $1000 | Macy's $1000 | Victoria's Secret $900
Valued Contributor
ezdriver

OHWWCB wrote:

It just occured to me that this might be an issue as I was with my last employer for 12 years. I started my current job in May of this year and was looking to begin the mortgage process in Spring of 2014 originally and that wouldn't even be a year.

So is the new job in the same field or a brand new field? That is ver improtant as my previous post suggested. If you want a good feedback, you need to provide details.

Starting Score: 618
Scores on 10/9/13: EFX 652, XPN 669, TUC 662
Scores on 3/17/14: EFX 649, XPN 677, TUC 681
Goal Score: 720 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+