Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Worried!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm Worried!!!!

We just started the loan process only to find out that 2 new collections (medical) were added to my husband's report. His score tanked it is now 544 middle and lowest are the same, the high score is 594. I called the collection agency and they agreed to do a pfd quickly so I paid them in full yesterday but I'm worried that they will not be removed soon enough. Should we just let this house go and wait for the collections to be removed and his score to raise? Any advice will help. My middle score is 627 but that doesn't matter.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm Worried!!!!

As long as you have the pfd agreements in writing i would let the LO know. Supply the agreements and proof of payments and they should continue with the process.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice, thank you!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We just started the loan process only to find out that 2 new collections (medical) were added to my husband's report. His score tanked it is now 544 middle and lowest are the same, the high score is 594. I called the collection agency and they agreed to do a pfd quickly so I paid them in full yesterday but I'm worried that they will not be removed soon enough. Should we just let this house go and wait for the collections to be removed and his score to raise? Any advice will help. My middle score is 627 but that doesn't matter.

You may find this site useful before applying for a mortgage.   https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Message 4 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

talk to your loan officer

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with her and she said that we could use his scores from the pre-approval, so I guess it's nothing to worry about.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your loan officer can do a rapid rescore. Once they contact the collection agency and the credit bureau and get the credit report updated immediately.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.