Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in panic mode right now

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in panic mode right now

Working with my LO getting to crunch time two weeks till closing.  He calls me today to say he cannot write a loan for a manufactured home FHA and would have to set me up with another broker who can write the loan with the same company that he was going to go with.  He can write FHA loans for this company but not for manufactured under his brokerage firm.  If that doesn't sound fishy enough the new company calls me today I have to pay for another credit pull as it's a new company (not a big deal) but they are making me pay for it upfront in the form of a cashiers check.  Also they require all collections that are not medical to be paid at closing which equates to another 2K that I will need to bring to the table.  Old broker did not require if they were within a certain dollar amount and not within the past two years.  These are collections that are out of SOL the companies refused to validate and all efforts including compliants to the FTC, BBB, and AG have gone nowhere.  Needless to say I'm in full panic mode as I was pre-approved I was told I could not put in a financing contingency so if I get denied from new company I'm pretty much out of luck.  My scores since I was pre-approved dropped a bit but only because one of the collection companies are trying to pass themselves off as a revolving account that is reflecting as 120 days late.  Even though I have sent letter after letter to the CA threatening to sue if they don't correct the reporting after 45 days it's still showing as an account instead of a collection account.  My midscore due to their efforts is now 614 so at this point I feel like I'm screwed!  Any advise of what I should do at this point would be welcomed.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in panic mode right now

I'm in the same boat you are. Im in panic mode myself...my score is lower and I'm freaking out right now. Fell in love with my newly constructed home and afraid the loan won't go through....Please somebody give me some stress relief!!!!Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: I'm in panic mode right now

If it's the same exact lender then the guidelines should be the same no matter who the broker is.  Sometimes a wholesale lender will only allow select mortgage brokerage firms to do specific programs, which might explain why broker #1 can't do manufactured FHA with them whereas broker #2 can, but the guidelines pertaining to collections should remain the same.  New credit report is needed, paying via cashier's check is a bit odd though.

Who said you could not put in a financing contingency though? 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.