cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!!

tag
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!!

.Hello everyone, this is my personal home ownership journey and I want to share it with you all, because I would not be experiencing any of this without all of your helpful tips and shared experiences: so thank you so much! 

Here is my timeline:

May 8, received a pre-approval for 285,000 going FHA

May 18 found A new development in its first phase with decent pricing my honey and I found agreeable as pricing is crazy in my neck of the woods. My realtor my lady and I sat down with two of the builders in the community to discuss pricing and incentives and to decide on which builder we would want to build with.. Went home and applied with both builders for financing to take advantage of the incentives.

May 28 - signed a purchase agreement with a builder, contingent on being able to build the most popular floor plan, which may or may not be a possibility since they need to get the approval of the HOA and developer. (something about not being able to build the same house next to one another) 5k earnest money (ouch)

June 6 got the approval to build the floor plan with a new elevation not previously built in this phase, and began sending loan documentation required for underwriting approval.

July 7, received the underwriters approval with conditions to update account information as we move closer to finish out of the home.... Yay!!!

August 4 our lot has been cleared, staked and form boearded - am I saying this right?

August 8-14 pet tension slab prep completed and slab poured- ah yeah, it's about to go down.... Or is that up?

August 26- Sept 1 Framing begins and is complete. as soon as I figure out how to post some pics I will get them up as well. 

Okay so I figured out how to load of some pics! " that was easy! "

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!!

Nothing but dirt!More dirtStaked and form boardedRough plumbPost tensionWe have tha SlabGoing up!

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks like an amazing neighborhood. I can't wait to see the rest!

Message 3 of 41
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations OP!  How exciting.  Keep the photos coming...

Message 4 of 41
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Thank you Tidegirl & StartingOver10... Really can't wait to see how it all come together, for now just trying to excersized my patience and enjoy each step as it unfolds. I think someone once posted its like everyday is Christmas. I just have to keep my fingers and toes crossed hoping nothing affects the clear to close and keys are hand!

stopped by early this morning to see the framing now complete

image.jpeg

Message 5 of 41
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Update: okay so, I knew the build would be taking Labor Day off, but stopped by this Wednesday to see that we are moving on to stage 3 as Windows and sheathing are installed and the roof will hopefully be completed this week! Man things are really moving along. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Message 6 of 41
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Well, it's been a minute, so, I thought I'd give everyone in the community an update. Looks like things are moving along and getting pretty close to hearing from the lender about locking in the rate and hopefully an accurate closing date. Since my last post: roof, mechanical, electric and gas are now installed. Drywall is being taped and mud by weekend and we have brick and mortar on the ground!!!! Hopefully it will be fully bricked in the next two weeks. Did I mention I am soooo excitedSmiley Very Happy

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Message 7 of 41
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

I'm so happy for you!!
Message 8 of 41
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much SBrooks1, so nerve racking the waiting, but as long as I get to the finish line it will be all worth it!

How is your search going, I hope well; looking forward to your journey as well.

Message 9 of 41
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Hoping to app in January if I get a few baddies EE then will be December!!! Keep us posted !!
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.