cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must be dreaming! Pre-approval letter in hand!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must be dreaming! Pre-approval letter in hand!

I finally pulled the trigger on applying for a mortgage. I figured that since I likely had some credit issues that would need to be corrected, and my lease is up in February, I wanted to get a jump start on the process. My Fako mid scores were around 593. The lender pull mid-score was 650. I live in Texas with a salary of $92,000. I got preapproved for $225k. It was surreal and I want to thank every person that has posted on these forums. There is so much information here and the supportive members kept me going when I wanted to quit. We went to look at houses today! Now my biggest worry now is how to time the signing of the contract so that I'm not breaking my current lease, nor am I responsible for rent and a mortgage payment for one month. I never thought I would be having this problem but it's not a horrible problem to have Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Re: I must be dreaming! Pre-approval letter in hand!

Congrats!  

So the way I am doing it is the closing is planned for November (waiting on cabinets to go in to set the final date) and my lease ends in December.  Typically the first loan payment is not due the next month but the month after.  So if mine works out like I have planned I will close in november (still have my rent payment for december) and my next payment would be my mortgage payment for January.  

I wanted a little overlap to allow me time to do some things like paint a few rooms (yes it is a new build but they do the whole house one color inside), get my garage door and blinds installed, etc.  and with it falling around the holidays I can plan it and not be in a panic!  Start the new year off in my new home!  

OHHH I get excited just thinking about it!

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 5
Sly1

wow tht's great... it's really a good feeling to finally get where you want to be isn't it?

I'm 34 and my wife is the same age...we have been planning to get a house for over 10 years, and finally we are building one...I wanted to wait until I had ZERO debt....that day finally came 2 months ago, and the 3100 Sq ft. dream home is coming together nicely so far...and My score is finally in the 790's from 700 a few years back...I couldn't be happier with the sacrifices I made for my 4 year old and soon to be newborn (2 girls)  Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 5
justrock
Frequent Contributor

I'm in a similar situation.  Found my house mid September, got an accepted offer.  Went to the bank last Friday, all is well on thet end.  Inspection is tomorrow.  I'm starting to get excited and think this may really happen for me.  If it does, it will be because of the advice and information I got on this board.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the house and the expected handles of joy! May the blessings continue through each day and each generation!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.