cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need advice about a letter I got from chase.

tag
radtechdude
New Contributor

I need advice about a letter I got from chase.

Hey Everyone,

I need some advice about a second mortgage I had with Chase. Ok here is my story. I did a short sell back in April of 2007. April 2007 was the last payment that I made. However, on my Experian and my Transunion reports they show where there was no payments from April of 2007 and then in August of 2008 it became current again. I am assuming that is when they finally received the funds from the short sell. I'm not sure. All I know is I didn't make any payments after April of 2007. But since it shows that August 2008 date it is supposed to stay on there for another year. 

The first mortgage has already fallen off my reports. The second mortgage was taken out on the same date. Remember how back then they would let you do that instead of a downpayment? Well I was dumb back then and did it. 

Here is my dilema. I have contacted the CRA's and also Chase. I have tried to get that August date changed so it would fall off just like the first mortgage did. They won't listen to me. Here is the letter I received by fax from Chase:

Dear,

We recently received a question or request for information about your credit report for the account listed above. This question or request may have come from your or a third party on your behalf. 

Our records show that you paid off (or settled) the account for less than the full balance as of December 2008, and you loan was still due for the May 2007 payment at the time it was settled. We have confirmed that the major credit agencies (Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and Transunion) are showing the same information. We appreciate your business. If you have questions, please call us at one of the telephone numbers listed below.

Sincerely,

Now here are my questions:

1. Why did the first mortgage fall off my reports but the second mortgage for around $20,000 still stays on my reports?

2. The letter that I got. Do they go by the last payment I made in 2007 or when the people that did the short sell in August 2008? I mean, after

all, I didn't make any payments after April 2007.

3. On my Experian report is shows the term is for 15 months. Who has a mortgage for that short of time? I know this is wrong for sure. 

4. Is that letter proof that my last payment was in April 2007 and it should come off my report?

Any advice on how to approach this to get this off my reports would be much appreciated. We have learned from our mistakes back then and have

cleaned up our credit except for a couple things. We are trying to buy a house and this is still hanging on our reports.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.