cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need letter from my credit card company before doing a Rapid Rescore?

tag
Juniper117
Contributor

I need letter from my credit card company before doing a Rapid Rescore?

I'm working with a woman at Wells Fargo, and I'm wondering if she really knows what she's doing...

I paid off all my credit cards and want to do a RR. She said she needs something showing what has changed. i sent her screenshots of my cards showing the payment I made, today's date, the current 0 balance, my name and account #, etc. She said she needs and actual letter from the CC company.

Is that right?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: I need letter from my credit card company before doing a Rapid Rescore?

My CC's had to fax an updated letter directly to the LO.  I guess they need serious proof to convince the CRA's to update.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 5
tsever01
Valued Member

Answering a question with a question.  Will disputing the balances showing on your credit report result in the new balances showing?

Message 3 of 5
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

@tsever01 wrote:

Answering a question with a question.  Will disputing the balances showing on your credit report result in the new balances showing?

No it will result in a 30 day turn-around time fora resolution as well as the marks that underwriters dislike seeing "iten in dispute".

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 4 of 5
FSUGAPEACH
Contributor

Yes she is correct. You have to have the new account balances showing on the cc companies letterhead. I just went through this the end of last week. FYI-I emailed the letters to my LO on Friday and by Sunday all accounts were updated and score went up 25 points Smiley Happy Good luck!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.