Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own a house

tag
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

I own a house

Signed all the papers on Wednesday. Loan funded today, recorded today, received my ernest money check, and have the keys. A nerve wracking, but pretty painless, process. I was scared that it was going to all blow up - but there weren't any snags at all.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Re: I own a house

Oh - and the house appraised for $19, 000 more than I paid for it ($226, 000).
Message 2 of 13
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Sweet - Congrats - now the work begins - Have fun moving - it is always a little easier when you are buying

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 13
Determined_Home_Seeker
Established Member

Congrats! What type of loan and how was your process?

Starting Score: 566 (mf) 572 (ck) 588 (exp) on 1/10/14
Current Score: 609 (mf), 598 (ck) 658 (exp)
Short Term Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

VA loan. The hardest part was the negotiations with the seller. The process was find house, get preapproved, negotiate purchase price, apply for homeowners, apply for loan, inspection, negotiate repairs, conference call to confirm two accounts, appraisal, signing, funding, recording, mine. Any parts that you want more details about, just ask.
Message 5 of 13
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your new home....

Message 6 of 13
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@themizlyne wrote:
Signed all the papers on Wednesday. Loan funded today, recorded today, received my ernest money check, and have the keys. A nerve wracking, but pretty painless, process. I was scared that it was going to all blow up - but there weren't any snags at all.

Congrats on your new home! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 13
Nan425
New Contributor

Congrats! 

During the closing process did you have to provide copies of current bank statments, paystubs and did they pull your credit again? Usually this is provided at the application stage, did they ask you for it again at closing stage? Thank you.

Message 9 of 13
Cynicalista
Established Member

Good for you!  I'm hoping to be able post the same thing this year. Fingers crossed.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.