tooscope2

I really need some mortgage help

I think I was just swindled on my mortgage.  The details:

The bank gave told me I could get an 83% and 10% mortgage and put down 7%.  I settled on my new house then sold my old one 5 days later with a "bridge loan".  When it all washed out the bank kept my profit to pay the bridge loan and gave me an 83% and 7% loan.  Thus, I now was putting down much more than I wanted and was told the 7% would be a home equity line at 5.9% for 6 mos than prime. The way I see it, I am borrowing my own money but the bank keeps telling me it is better in the long run.

Meanwhile my 3% I lost would have been collecting 4.25% in the banks special checking account I have.  Can they do this?  I don't get it.  They seemed to have backed out of our deal.

Also, would it be worth it to refinance at this point and take my loan elsewhere.  I only started the mortgage last month.

Thanks

DRASDALL

Re: I really need some mortgage help

You should stay where you are.   You would lose another 4-7% in closing costs.   Stick with at least a year and hopefully property values will go up and you can make a decision then.   You can try to report the case to the company and maybe they will do something, but that is your best chance.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}