Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see the light....maybe?

tag
mandab5
Valued Member

I see the light....maybe?

Well my file FINALLY went to final underwriting yesterday around 1pm.  I am desperately waiting for that email with those 3 precious little words.."clear to close" already had 2 rounds of conditions. ...so HOPEFULLY they will sign off on my loan.  Currently staying in a condo due to having to be out of my old home by the 15th.  Just ready to close!!!! Praying they don't come back with more conditions.. but hopefully this will be it... 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I see the light....maybe?

Good Luck...

Message 2 of 17
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Good Luck!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 17
mandab5
Valued Member

Thank you... I think everyone I check me email my heart rate goes up at least 15-20 bpm...been trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of it....uugghhh..I'm just praying for the final sign off and no more conditions..hoping the Loan Processed works close enough with the underwriter that he has everything needed..

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take some deep breaths and RELAX!!! Smiley Happy  I was so stressed the past few days while waiting for our approval.  I just knew the longer it took, the more likely SOMETHING was going to happen and we wouldn't get it lol  We went to underwriting on the 8th.  Monday they came back with one issue.  We finally resolved that and today we heard those sweet words!  We are closing Friday morning.

Good luck!!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck!!!!! I just paid my earnest money yesterday and am so nervous about this entire process! What coul DC potentially go wrong or cone back from the underwriter with conditions?
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My file was in underwriting for only 7 days and came back with easy conditions.     I'm having a much better experience with my new Lender.  

Message 8 of 17
mandab5
Valued Member

Well a few hours after I wrote this I received an email with about 5 conditions, granted this was my second round of conditions.  They werent too bad, but I had to give them copies of my ex-husband credit card statements to prove to them my name was not on his credit card accounts. (I turned in our joint checking account that my name is still on and it showed where he made those payments) That was fun having to ask him for that.  Everything went back and now they are asking for page 2 from my landlord who has been so helpful at giving them all of my rental information.  He sent his banking summary in that showed where I paid my rent, and he didnt scan in page 2 (probably blank) and so they need that now.  Just ridiculous.  I stayed in a condo earlier this week, and a hotel last night.  I work tonight (night shift in the ER) so sleeping tonight somewhere isn't an issue, but thankfully tomorrow my mom is going out of town again and we can crash there.  Just hate this feeling of figuring out where I am going to stay each night becuase the lender is taking forever.  Probably will be Monday before my clear to close and Wed or Thursday before closing (They need 48 hours to prepare the docs??)  Just ready for this to be OVER!

Message 9 of 17
mandab5
Valued Member

msklassy, it is a very stressful process.  It all depends on the underwriter.  My first contract (which fell through due to the appraisal) they only asked for a few things easy peasy. This second time around, I got a different underwritier and they have asked me everything except my first born child or a body part (waiting for that email to arrive).  I think mine would not be so stressful if we were still in our rental home, but I had to be out by the 15th, so we are rushing everything now casue I am basically homeless.  Even though they are probably doing things very fast for the lending process, it seems like snail pace. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.