Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see the light....maybe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I see the light....maybe?

Thanks mandab5 I have my inspection on Wednesday should go to underwriting next week. I just can't imagine what all else could be asked for. I've already submitted check stubs, bank statements, tax returns, w2's, retirement info! What in the world else could they need????
Message 11 of 17
mandab5
Valued Member

Well... got am email this morning from the lender. My fiance is gifting me the money for our downpayment.  So on the gift letter I put he is my fiance.  Well they came back this morning with a condition of needing proof of being in a longterm relationship or that we are getting married.  How in the H E double hockey sticks do you prove that?!?? He already wrote a letter stating we were getting married in Oct.  So I sent them confimration of booking our honeymoon in Oct.  I do not know how else to prove that.  I hope they don't freeakout with the amounts.  We are suppose to close Thursday.  The sellers are super scared now, and have refused to sign another extension (we already have had 2).  I am freaking out because I have no where to live right now.  I am just in tears because I still haven't goten my clear to close, and they keep coming back with RIDICULOUS conditions...

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mandab is a quandry cause-

"well they came back this morning with a condition of needing proof of being in a longterm relationship or that we are getting married."

Do what?

Message 13 of 17
mandab5
Valued Member

My fiance gifted me the money for the down payment (I am buying the house in my name only due to his past bakruptcy issues).  I put on the gift letter that he was my fiance.  I had to provide them some kind of proof that he was indeed my fiance and that we were in a longterm relationsship.  They wanted like a reciept for purchase of a ring for example.  I was just baffeled.  How do you prove a longterm relationship.  Basically I had to handwrite a letter stating our relationship and that we were getting married in Oct.  And that he wont move in with me until after we are married.  I also sent them a receipt of our honeymoon reservations in ST. Lucia in Oct.  I just thought that was a ridiculous condition.  Anyways, it must had worked because I finally got me clear to close late last night.  They are preparing the docs now and then sending everything to the title company.  Should be closing Thursday at the latest.  So ready for this to be DONE!

Message 14 of 17
mandab5
Valued Member

After all of the stres and headache, I finally closed at 4pm on Thursday July 30th.  Moved all wekedn and unpacking is awful... BUT I finally have a place to call home.  Made all the worry and stress totally worth it! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
wendlan
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.