cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I settle on 4/17 and today I got my 1040X all ready to go so I can get my 8,000 back from Uncle Sam!

tag
twoaklawn
Valued Member

Re: I settle on 4/17 and today I got my 1040X all ready to go so I can get my 8,000 back from Uncle

I wouldn't get your hope up too high.  I have a friend who is a tax accountant.  She has filed hundreds of amended returns over the last several years.  She told me that very few checks were received before the 90 days.  It seems the IRS treats these amended returns differently than the regular returns.  But perhaps with the current emphasis on economic stimulus and the homebuyer credit they have changed their procedures.  I hope so for you!
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I settle on 4/17 and today I got my 1040X all ready to go so I can get my 8,000 back from Uncle

Good luck!  I hope the amended return goes smoothly and your get the $ swiftly.

I hate dealing with the IRS and am just going to wait and claim the tax credit on my 2009 taxes. After regular tax season, being self employed and dealing with all that paperwork and then going through the mortgage process, I don't feel like dealing with any more hassles. LOL

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.