cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lived in my new place for less than a month and....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've lived in my new place for less than a month and....

the siding started to fall off!

We had a new home built and today we've had wind gusts up to 27 mph..... a couple pieces of our siding have been knocked loose and are now banging against the house... I"m thinking 27 mph winds shouldn't cause something like this to happen. Add to it that our trash can blew away and I get to go hunting for it tomorrow. Luckilly our 30 day walkthrough is tomorrow, but i'm calling the Project Lead guy right away in the morning and telling him to have someone get their ass out here today and fix it. Any thoughts on the siding would be appreciated...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: I've lived in my new place for less than a month and....

Just out of curiosity here...is the siding that blew off that same siding that needed to be put up in a few small places before you got your clear to close?

If so, the builder probably already knows it was a quick fix at that time, to keep the closing on schedule.  Just hint in a nice way that "now, we've got the time to install it permanently...no need to rush it just for the closing."

I think you'll be OK on this.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've lived in my new place for less than a month and....

Nope, its a couple random strips on the side of our house. Kind of annoying, but not too worried since I'm meeting with him today anyways. I found my trash can this morning completely covered in mud and snow in the neighbors yard though. Fun times!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.