Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my scores

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I want my scores

I am thinking that it might be time to start my process of preparing for a home to call my own.  Would I be wrong to go to a loan officer to get all three scores and to see what is possibly hurting my credit scores for a home loan in the future (12-16 months from now)?

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I want my scores

I don't think you need a lender to pull your scores to figure out what needs to be worked on.  You need to look at the content of your credit reports, which you can get for free through annualcreditreport.com.

If you wanted to get a loan officer's opinion, then instead of having him pull your scores (which would result in a hard inquiry from each bureau), you could bring either your free reports or reports from here.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please be careful following a loan officer's advice regarding improving your credit scores.  We've had many members that were given advice that back-fired and then they were out of luck.  On the other hand they can tell you what is hurting your file overall.  They may require collections be paid even though that may not be best for your score, etc.  They may require you pay off your car loan to leave more room for the mortgage or something like that.  Good luck!
Message 3 of 4
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Please be careful following a loan officer's advice regarding improving your credit scores.  We've had many members that were given advice that back-fired and then they were out of luck.  On the other hand they can tell you what is hurting your file overall.  They may require collections be paid even though that may not be best for your score, etc.  They may require you pay off your car loan to leave more room for the mortgage or something like that.  Good luck!

My biggest issue is not know what my score us on EX.  I have no unpaid collections.  I am still trying to GW the one on EX and the one on TU. I really would like to know what is hrting my scores thee most.  I have read so much on these boards about the wrong information given by LO that I know not to make it the gospel!

Thank you both for your comments

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.