cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to apply for a mortgage soon, but I may have caused a problem on my Experian CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to apply for a mortgage soon, but I may have caused a problem on my Experian CR

What is a PFD certified? Do I send it to NCO?

Message 11 of 15
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Re: I want to apply for a mortgage soon, but I may have caused a problem on my Experian CR

PFD means (Pay for delete) in which you will send the Collection Agency a certified letter via post office for a request to delete the information trom your credit file if you pay the balance in full.  I think if you continue to read through these forums you find a wealth of information. 

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX report says the NCO item is Paid,Closed. I sent NCO a GW letter both by email and usps asking them to delete it. I did not mention paying anything, because I assumed it is already paid.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called EXP and the computer said. "this item was removed from your credit report". That is good, right?

Is EXP ready now to have a good FICO when a lender pulls it?

Thanks

Message 14 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called EXP and the computer said. "this item was removed from your credit report". That is good, right?

Is EXP ready now to have a good FICO when a lender pulls it?

It should be,  you can check to see the actual items on your EX report by going to the Experian online dispute page, enter your information, and you will be logged into the online dispute area of experian.  From there, click on the Potentially Negative Information tab to see if the collection is listed.

This is a cheap (free) way to see if the EX information related to NCO has been updated.  If it has been, then you should be good to go as far as pulling the trigger on an application

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.