cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to lock my rate today but I don't have anything to sign yet!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I want to lock my rate today but I don't have anything to sign yet!

I want to lock my rate on the FHA refi, but my LO hasn't gotten me the docs yet. super sad and anxious... I hate waiting! 

She was supposed to have the disclosures to me this morning.  Smiley Sad

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to lock my rate today but I don't have anything to sign yet!

we locked our rate 3.25% Smiley Very Happy about a week before getting loan docs signed. so once they were "ordered" we locked! i think u are able to loack anytime, its locked for a certain amount of time, if u close befoe that timeframe runs out your good to go.

Message 2 of 8
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I did the same thing.  Locked my rate at 3.25% before I signed any of my loan docs and the lock is good for 60 days.  Very excited!  Just waiting for the appraisal to come in.    Call your mortgage person and lock it now if you can.

Message 3 of 8
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Yeah that 3.5 looks good.  Yesterday it was over 3.75.  They wouldn't let me lock until I found a home either.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

I locked in 3.5 yesterday on new purchase.

Message 5 of 8
djacks
Valued Member

I locked in today at 3.626% on a streamline refi (I assumed I'm locked in since the sheet that we recieved, signed and faxed today said "LOCK-IN AGREEMENT"). Even better my MIP stays at .55% since my mortgage originated prior to June 2009. I'm thrilled with that rate, especially since when I started this whole process back in Feb I was looking at 3.995% and 1.10% MIP.

Message 6 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Mine is a deal where I get lender paid points to accept a higher rate.
FICO 9:

Message 7 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My deal is structured so that I get a credit from the lender to accept a rate of 3.75% To me its a good deal. I wish I had the money now so that I didn't need the credit but we just spent a lot on wedding and honeymoon plus I put 12k down on a house in January. I seriously am looking forward to the reduction in the payment.
FICO 9:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.